GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"99% of you want to bring back the death penalty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/02/08 at 11:33
Regular
Death Penalty: Your Verdict

Actually 99% of Sun readers (almost 100,000) said they wanted the death penalty reintroduced.

So what do you think? Should they bring back the death penalty and free up some prison cells?
Tue 04/03/08 at 16:27
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
Marzman wrote:
> pancake93 wrote:
> My idea is to put them in a confined room and let them die
> naturally. They can't talk or see anyone and will only be given
> 2 very basic meals a day.
>
> You're too kind. I'd just give them bread and water, so they
> would be too malnourished to commit crime, once they're released.

They will never be released!
Tue 04/03/08 at 13:19
"Was the man of marz"
pancake93 wrote:
> My idea is to put them in a confined room and let them die
> naturally. They can't talk or see anyone and will only be given
> 2 very basic meals a day.

You're too kind. I'd just give them bread and water, so they would be too malnourished to commit crime, once they're released.
Mon 03/03/08 at 23:42
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
My idea is to put them in a confined room and let them die naturally. They can't talk or see anyone and will only be given 2 very basic meals a day.
Mon 03/03/08 at 20:26
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
Etchy wrote:
> It doesn't matter what kind of things they have inside prison,
> the prospect of being confined like an animal only to be released
> years later old and ugly into a world unwilling to give a second
> chance scares me.
>
> That and there are no girls =)

Technically we are animals. We must be the dumbest animals on the planet to see what we have done to earth since humans have ruled.
Sun 02/03/08 at 11:14
"Was the man of marz"
pancake93 wrote:
> no because killing somone for killing someone else is doing the
> same thing you disagreed with in the first place!
> (i know confusing)

Not really, the logic is sound. If you want done to someone else the wrong that has befallen you, then doesn't that make it just as bad. You're always told as a child that two wrongs don't make a right, but really it's more complicated than that.

If someone does something to you, and you don't let it taint your view of him or her, then you'll find a situation may arise when you treat her or him with the same humanity you would anyone else. That individual sometimes realises so and normally it's all that's needed to diffuse the tension you may have with anybody.

I know it is quite different in the case of murder, but the principal is still not unprecedented. People that forgive those who have murdered one of there loved ones, probably live happier lives, than they would otherwise have done so. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs, but more principals, and the choice we all have whether to live by them or not.
Fri 29/02/08 at 17:49
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
no because killing somone for killing someone else is doing the same thing you disagreed with in the first place!
(i know confusing)
Thu 28/02/08 at 12:35
"Was the man of marz"
Etchy wrote:
> That and there are no girls =)

You're allowed conjugal visits, which I was sort of surprised to hear an ex-prison officer tell me, as I thought punishment was about taking away privileges like that. Prisoners have access to doctors within twenty-four hours, they can work and buy games consoles/personal computers/televisions etc, really it's just like a free hostel. Granted the hours of use are limited but from what I've heard they aren't strict rules, as an occupied prisoner, is less likely to cause trouble.
Wed 27/02/08 at 18:07
Regular
It doesn't matter what kind of things they have inside prison, the prospect of being confined like an animal only to be released years later old and ugly into a world unwilling to give a second chance scares me.

That and there are no girls =)
Tue 26/02/08 at 21:21
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Machie wrote:
> Maybe Norway have
> the right idea
(second half of the clip)

That's quite incredible. Free'n'easy Nords, eh. Must be the fresh hyperborean air. It's not a spoof is it? No, can't be.

The 'to death penalty or not to death penalty debate' always centres around "should we get harder or should we go softer" ... "hang em high or try to rehabilitate" ... I'd say the current state of affairs does neither. What are prisons but breeding grounds for more crime, for more criminal knowledge? I'm for longer sentences and better treatment. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well ...
Tue 26/02/08 at 16:35
"possibly impossible"
hippyman wrote:
> For me, the idea of my only release in prison is to play a
> playstation 3...would result in me being going insane. Working
> for GAME turned me against that machine.
>
> But, yeah - prison should be harsh, not like a holdiay camp.

Maybe like an old episode of Hidi-Hi. THAT would be hell...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.