GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil remake - for gamecube,"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 21:24
Regular
I think the remake of resident evil looks really great, all the characters are more detailed and even the backgrounds look way better than the ps-one version, i mean just take a look how good the zombies, hunters etc look, i have looked at the recent screenshots and movies and they are jaw-dropping, i can't wait to play on it.

Anway give us your thoughts what do you think? Is it any good or do you think capcom are just out to make more money...
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:24
I think the remake of resident evil looks really great, all the characters are more detailed and even the backgrounds look way better than the ps-one version, i mean just take a look how good the zombies, hunters etc look, i have looked at the recent screenshots and movies and they are jaw-dropping, i can't wait to play on it.

Anway give us your thoughts what do you think? Is it any good or do you think capcom are just out to make more money...
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
it looks very good but i fear the gameplay might get abit repetative with so many resident evils now, it does look very very good though.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
were you really surprised at how much better it looks than the PS-one version, i mean, that is 7 years old. and on a less powerfull machine.
resi does look good, but ver since a night i spent with resi 2 on the n64, i have disliked the series. i even have Code Veronica, but i still don't like it. something to do with limited saves or ammo or whatever, i don't know.
any way, lets hope it shifts more gamecubes so we get more games.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:30
Regular
I can't wait, i've never been that bigger fan of the Resi series but this game looks thew absoloute nads. The Zombie can open doors for christs sakes, if that doesn't make you cack ya kegs then nothing will.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well of course Capcom are out to make more money, but they have remade a classic game with such style that you have to ask who cares? The game has got so much more to it now, there is more fear because of the increased intelligence and relocation of enemies, more anxiousness due to the fact ammo is so sparse and the graphics are awesome. I cant wait to see the animation on the Tyrant.
Thu 16/05/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So real... it's gunna give me nightmares!! :S

But i'll still get it though! :D
Thu 16/05/02 at 23:53
After all that improved eye candy, i still think they could have improved the control system as it still retains the old "rotate and walk".
no pulling back on the stick to go backwards, u still have to physicaly turn the little begger round b4 u can peg it.

Hmmmmm
But im sure it wont effect the gameplay.
Fri 17/05/02 at 13:00
"You love us!"
GameCube Res Evil is quite simply the best looking video game I have ever played – period. Just wait until you play it, it really is ground breaking.

The story and layout of the mansion has also been changed quite a bit, and there are new sections added. My mate has just made it to the section set outside the mansion and this is pretty much all new.

A truly great, great game. And I must say, I’m not even a big Resi fan to be honest.
Fri 17/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
And just think...Resident Evil Zero is gonna look even better...
Fri 17/05/02 at 13:33
"High polygon count"
BLD wrote:
> u still have to physicaly turn the little begger round b4 u can peg it.

Have they really stuck to the control system from the original game, then?

In the later games on PSone they 'borrowed' from Mikami's other blockbuster game, Dino Crisis, and you could press a shoulder button to do a 180-degree spin and run away. It'll be a shame if they haven't included that feature.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.