GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil remake - for gamecube,"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 21:24
Regular
I think the remake of resident evil looks really great, all the characters are more detailed and even the backgrounds look way better than the ps-one version, i mean just take a look how good the zombies, hunters etc look, i have looked at the recent screenshots and movies and they are jaw-dropping, i can't wait to play on it.

Anway give us your thoughts what do you think? Is it any good or do you think capcom are just out to make more money...
Sun 19/05/02 at 11:21
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Redevil wrote:

> p.s. im the fountain of all xbox/gc knowledge that cooky has been
> tapping for far too long now ;) he even won a free game off here for
> reviewing import games from MY xbox - cheeky git.

Fountain of all knowledge? bu**! I play your games, but as far as knowledge goes.... :p

> but anyways...l8rs all
>
> Red

You comin' round to play Conker l8r?

:)
Sun 19/05/02 at 10:49
>apparently the new Resident evil is on 2 discs, and is over 50% longer
> with loads of new stuff

false...the actual figure is 75.3 % if u go by %'ages ;)

>>Cooky wrote:
>> There's a LOT less ammo in this version as well!
>>
>> And when you kill a zombie you have to flame it. Because if you
>> don't, when you come back into a room a few times, it will turn into a
>> super zombie, which is faster than a licker, and really deadly!
>>
>> :)

>That sounds so cool, I found the original too easy, it came to the point >where i could complete it in one day in 2.5 hours without dying once, or >even saving, so I hope this will be the toughest RE yet. Im still >looking forwards to RE zero, new plot and all.

Trust me RE is a HELL of alot harder - for starters theres not enough kerosine to burn all the zombehs so u have to meet many of the super zombie...my advice...run...if you still have your legs

p.s. im the fountain of all xbox/gc knowledge that cooky has been tapping for far too long now ;) he even won a free game off here for reviewing import games from MY xbox - cheeky git.

>Think of all the other first generation titles - Rogue Leader 2! GOD! >How would that look! The GC has already shown off superb visuals, and >for a 'toy' this is superb, as most ignorant people think the PS2 and >XBOx are both more powerful - rubbish.

well false and true - xbox is far, far more powerful....and ps2 is far, far less powerful. the GC is the mid range spec machine - but theyve got good results on the little cube. tbh theres excellent games on them all, which is why i got all of em imported from u.s.

but anyways...l8rs all

Red
Sun 19/05/02 at 10:36
"+ suspicious minds"
pop
Sun 19/05/02 at 09:54
Regular
dfgsfdgdfsgds
Sun 19/05/02 at 09:33
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I thought Resi was coming out in the summer. Oh well.

It looks so good as with rendered backgrounds, the GameCube's polygon count can ALL go towards the characters...sweet
Sun 19/05/02 at 08:26
Regular
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> What differance does this make? you keep it the chest anyway.

The difference is they aren't useing chests anymore, its unrealistic. Now you can just put something on the floor *anywhere* and come back for it later.
Sun 19/05/02 at 00:33
Most properbly not just a DVD showing how they made the game, its all europe gets at the moment MGS2 FFX ect...
Sun 19/05/02 at 00:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Legendary Link wrote:
> apparently the new Resident evil is on 2 discs, and is over 50% longer
> with loads of new stuff. In resident evil 0, u can have an item in
> your inventory, say u dont want it anymore, u can put it down and come
> back and pick it up later.

Yer it's on two disks. Also in the Jap release you get a free memory card with it! Hope you also get a free mem card in the UK release!

:)
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:08
how i wished the q cube had come out over here.
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:07
What differance does this make? you keep it the chest anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.