GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price drop because crap"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
I think that the xbox lowered its price because it wasnt doing to good when i went to the shop when it came out there was only one person i asked if peaple had been already and he said no we only got two reserves also a few months later i went to the same shop and there were still xboxs in there i think they lowered the price because it wasnt doing as good as they thought
Sat 18/05/02 at 18:36
Regular
Gar-J wrote:
> I might sit out this console was completely actually. The PS2's just
> over-hyped beyond belief and struggles to carry out even the simplest
> of graphical requests. The Gamecube is too under-powered to be
> 'next-gen', and the Xbox is too expensive to be a 'one hit wonder'
> that will be obsolete in 6 months. Roll on the next consoles.

You should buy the console YOU want regardless of what you think the future may or not hold.
I don't regret buying a Dreamcast on day one for a single moment.
Yeah it p*sses me off that the DC failed because of most people holding out for the PS2, but while the DC lasted I got the most enjoyment out of it than any other console I've ever owned.
I live and play games in the here and now - fcuk the future, I could die tomorrow.
Sat 18/05/02 at 18:19
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> Taken from www.xboxrules.com
> Based on week-to-week
> sales since launch, Xbox represents 49% of the next generation
> console
> market in the United Kingdom, 46% in France and 55% in Germany.
>
> Figures are botched, not surprisingly, it's a fan site. Week by week
> sales won't show any competition until a couple of weeks ago, when the
> gamecube came out. I don't recall exactly when the GC came out, but
> it's got several weeks of sale where it's the only new console on the
> market, and therefore blatantly going to be the best seller. I'm sure
> they are selling well. But since the GC came out I seriously doubt
> they've had 49% of "next gen" console sales.

Oh Jesus Christ if the Xbox was selling that well:
1) MS would be telling us about it. Instead, the sales figures are closely-guarded secrets.
2) They wouldn't have dropped the price. Their lame excuse of wanting to bring the Xbox 'experience' to everyone at an affordable price is ludicrous - if this is what they wanted they'd have released it at 200, not 400 quid. How lame. What a bunch of muppets.

Yea, the Xbox is a great console and if it wasn't for the fact that in 6 months unless sales pick up it will be dead, I'd be out buying one now. I've already bought 2 dead donkeys - Saturn and Dreamcast, and am not about to part with some more cash for another one. But at the end of the day prats like whoever made up those statistics just need a slapping. They're not doing anyone any favours.

I might sit out this console was completely actually. The PS2's just over-hyped beyond belief and struggles to carry out even the simplest of graphical requests. The Gamecube is too under-powered to be 'next-gen', and the Xbox is too expensive to be a 'one hit wonder' that will be obsolete in 6 months. Roll on the next consoles.
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:42
the xbox must be doing well because here come all the "knockers" out of the woodwork again.When are they going to learn? the box is the future of gaming "DEAL WITH IT"
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:08
Regular
Bartender, those same figures are on sites like PlanetXbox.com C&VG.com, Gamespot, IGN etc. Those are hardly "fan-sites", are they?
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:05
Regular
"BOSE"
when i reserved mine. they had to give me a GC form and crossed it out and put Xbox on it. because there were no Xbox forms left. i wonder why
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:46
"Darkness, always"
Your Honour wrote:
> Taken from www.xboxrules.com
> Based on week-to-week
> sales since launch, Xbox represents 49% of the next generation console
> market in the United Kingdom, 46% in France and 55% in Germany.

Figures are botched, not surprisingly, it's a fan site. Week by week sales won't show any competition until a couple of weeks ago, when the gamecube came out. I don't recall exactly when the GC came out, but it's got several weeks of sale where it's the only new console on the market, and therefore blatantly going to be the best seller. I'm sure they are selling well. But since the GC came out I seriously doubt they've had 49% of "next gen" console sales.
Thu 16/05/02 at 15:45
Regular
Taken from www.xboxrules.com

Microsoft Corp. today reported a sizeable increase in sales of its Xbox™ video game system throughout Europe as customers have enthusiastically embraced the recent price reduction.

Now available in Europe for an estimated street price of Ł199.99 the award winning Xbox is the most powerful video game system on earth. With 40 games currently available in Europe (65 in the U.S.) and more than 150 to be available by Christmas, Xbox is the only video game console designed for the future of gaming with a built-in hard drive and broadband adapter.

Since the European price reduction took effect April 26, weekly sales are running neck-and-neck with PlayStation 2. Based on week-to-week sales since launch, Xbox represents 49% of the next generation console market in the United Kingdom, 46% in France and 55% in Germany.

Already-strong attachment rates for Xbox games have increased as well with an average of 3.7 games purchased for each Xbox video game system in the United Kingdom. Award-winning Microsoft Game Studios title “Halo” (recently awarded Game of the Year, Technical Achievement of the Year and Audio Achievement of the Year by influential industry magazine Edge) built on its success, with an average attach rate of 88%. Increased European sales have taken “Halo” well past the one million sales milestone worldwide.
Thu 16/05/02 at 15:42
"Darkness, always"
49% of hardware sales in terms of NPV?

given that the XBOX is probably the most expensive to produce, I doubt Microsoft are jumping up and down about the news.
Thu 16/05/02 at 15:40
Regular
I think you're speakingout of your @rse.

Since the price drop the Xbox has accounted for 49% of console hardware sales. That leaves 51% split between the PS2 and 'Cube.

Which means, for thick people, that the Xbox is selling well.
Thu 16/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
"Bail down before me"
I think that the xbox lowered its price because it wasnt doing to good when i went to the shop when it came out there was only one person i asked if peaple had been already and he said no we only got two reserves also a few months later i went to the same shop and there were still xboxs in there i think they lowered the price because it wasnt doing as good as they thought

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.