GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price drop because crap"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
I think that the xbox lowered its price because it wasnt doing to good when i went to the shop when it came out there was only one person i asked if peaple had been already and he said no we only got two reserves also a few months later i went to the same shop and there were still xboxs in there i think they lowered the price because it wasnt doing as good as they thought
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:58
Regular
"ProGolfer"
yeh it is good because people who buy online will see that it is a head of gc anyhow it makes me feel better. And amazon.c.uk is pretty big.i am goin to try and find out some other shops with ranking systems so i can gather a table. wanna help?
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:57
Regular
"ProGolfer"
yeh it is good because people who buy online will see that it is a head of gc anyhow it makes me feel better. And amazon.c.uk is pretty big.
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:29
Regular
"this is a tagline"
I doubt that sales figures from one shop would accumulate an accurate figure/percentage for all of Britain, let alone Europe!

Still, that's a good sign in "the struggle against the haters" :-)
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:22
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Well it says on amazon.co.uk that the xbox is at slaes rank 27 and the gamecube 47
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:36
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Hmmm, thought provoking. Deep. Well written. Use of grammar. Interesting points raised. Intuative. By a JAT...

----> Zulu 666 for Notable!! <----

:-)
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:33
Bandit wrote:
> the xbox must be doing well because here come all the
> "knockers" out of the woodwork again.When are they going to
> learn? the box is the future of gaming "DEAL WITH IT"

I agree. Just because the XBox was more expensive than some other consoles on it's launch date is no good reason to declare it rubbish. The games are much better than anything the PS2 (or any other current console) can handle and they are still the same price. I think that the only reason people critisze the XBox is because it's new and they don't know what to think about it so they call it rubbish. This makes me so angry and will just see who's laughing when the XBox comes out on top!
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:43
Regular
hey gar-j (i forgot to say this before) in 50 years time, when some proper PC standardisations will have been set, and PC hardware and software will actually be compatible, people will look back at laugh at the time (2002)when there was always a problem when installing new soft/hardware. they will mock people who struggled by with PCs, and they will praise the console manufacturers who could see that standardisations were the way forward. but most of all, they shall mock you ,Gar-J 'Mr. My Computer Will Eat an Xbox for Breakfast'. Wait a second, whats that i smell ? oh its a price difference of around £1000 !
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:34
Regular
well wheres your game console Gar-J ?? hey hey ? the super gar-J box? seeing as you think the others are so bad.

the xbox cant fail, microsoft will just poor more and more money into it.
lets face it, people never like new things, especially new consoles. everything vintage is always said to be better. so then why do these same people buy the new consoles? hmm. come the next wave of consoles, everyone will slagging them off. its so frustrating. aaaaaaarhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sat 18/05/02 at 19:00
Regular
Gar-J wrote:
> At the end of the day my PC's just been upgraded and would eat an Xbox
> for breakfast, so I wouldn't be getting one for the power. The games
> would be the only issue, and most of those will be coming to PC soon.

Fair enough. My PC is a sad and decrepid thing, so the XBOX allows me to look forward to playing the best forthcoming "PC" games on a console.
Sat 18/05/02 at 18:53
Regular
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> You should buy the console YOU want regardless of what you think the
> future may or not hold.
> I don't regret buying a Dreamcast on day one for a single moment.
> Yeah it p*sses me off that the DC failed because of most people
> holding out for the PS2, but while the DC lasted I got the most
> enjoyment out of it than any other console I've ever owned.
> I live and play games in the here and now - fcuk the future, I could
> die tomorrow.

While your outlook on life does ring true in some places, unfortunately I do not share the view that I should fork out 200 quid for a console that will potentially be dead soon simply because I 'want' it.

At the end of the day my PC's just been upgraded and would eat an Xbox for breakfast, so I wouldn't be getting one for the power. The games would be the only issue, and most of those will be coming to PC soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.