GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"24 things wrong with 24"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/05/02 at 00:39
Regular
1. Mobile phones in hospitals. Nup, ain't going to happen. It inteferes with the equipment, you see. A friend of mine kept trying to use hers in casualty and almost had to be readmitted due to the great vengeance and furious anger of the duty nurse. Even Jack Bauer would have had some trouble dealing with that.

2. Almeida's beard. It really is cruel to kill a mouse and then use its pelt as a piece of facial hair: just cruel. How could such a man gain a position of authority in CTU?

3. Jack's table manners. Not too much of a spoiler here, but in a later episode we DO get to see Jack eat; frankly it was reminiscent of a pig at a trough. And yet this man still has beautiful women falling all over him.

4. Jack's bladder. How big exactly is it? Big enough that, if Richard Branson were to inflate the thing, he could attempt another hot-air balloon record? Or bigger even than that? Big enough to swallow the earth?

5. Jack's car. It doesn't talk? Did David Hasselhof make Knightrider for NOTHING?

6. Mobile phones II. You ring, they answer. Sound familiar? Thought not. No dropped connections, no random redirections to voicemail etc etc. What network are these people on?

7. Mobile phones III. Everyone has the same mobile. I can only presume that the producers bought themselves a great big box of the things down the market. I mean, surely a woman of Nina's obvious sophistication would have a snap-on cover - possibly in cowskin - or, at the very least, a snazzy ringtone. No wonder Jack dumped her.

8. The female Bauer gene. Any dangerous situation will act as an irresistible magnet for Kim or Terri, but at the last minute a magical repulsion will set in, causing the bullet/car/bomb to miss by a whisker.

9. Ira 'all seeing' Gaines, a man who has somehow hacked into every single CCTV camera in the city - how did he do that then?

10. Mobile phones IV. Does triangulating a signal really take so long? I thought the networks knew where we were every second of every day so that they could reccomend restaraunts to us: or in Gaines' case, secret hideouts. Why don't they just FIND these people.

11. CTU headquarters. Given that CTU peeps are constantly whining about being overstretched, why in god's name did they spend so much money on interior designers? I admit it looks cool: but shouldn't they be fighting terrorists instead of keeping Laurence Lllewellyn Bowen in stripy pants?

12. Jamey Farrell's chin. Ugh.

13. Ira 'not-so-all-seeing' Gaines and Rick. For a man clever enough to hack all of LA's security cameras, Gaines really lets himself down by promoting some loser kid with a crush on his hostage into a position of immediate authority. In future episodes: Gaines hands Rick a nuclear warhead and $50,000,000 'just to look after'.

14. So Mr Miyagi is sent to kill the women: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PULL A DAMN TRIGGER????

15. Kim's stylist, make-up artist etc. Stop work people! The girl has been kidnapped, punched, chased and terrorised; she has seen her friend left for dead, and her mum raped. I think it's OK that she looks a little tousled - she doesn't have to go to the prom.

16. Kim's stylist II. Why is that top not cut a little lower?

17. How come something REALLY exciting happens at almost exactly 59 minutes past every hour?

18. Ira 'not-so-all-seeing' Gaines II. If you're going to run such a brilliant terrorist operation, is it really too much trouble to actually CHECK if people are dead?

19. The news. Headline: Senator Palmer to have breakfast - says, I expect two slices of French toast, bacon, coffee and orange juice; Republicans condemn the move as unpatriotic. In other news: Senator Palmer expects to visit a school. Oh yes, and a few hours ago a plane or something blew up in Nevada.

20. Keith Palmer. In the absence of any discernible acting ability, he seems to express all emotion as a kind of subtle build up of physical pressure in his head. I predict he will explode by 9pm.

21. Magic freeways. Any location in under five minutes - or your money back.

22. Not so magical freeways. Unless that location is somewhere that you really need to get to. Then you'll probably arrive five or ten seconds too late.

23. Why is everyone EXCEPT Jack Bauer so utterly incompetent? He can sneak out of a locked down CTU, get a prisoner out of a police station, escape road blocks and avoid statewide manhunts. Is he Osama Bin Laden in disguise?

24. The self-destruct button. What's that you say? You're about to give Jack a vital piece of information that will ensure the safety of his family and Senator Palmer? You're going to tell him now? OK, hang on I'll get him...Jack! Jack! Quick!...OK, now tell him...Oh, you're dead.

Any more?
Fri 14/06/02 at 00:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Vottanator wrote:
> I know! Does anyone actually find The X-Files scary?! I mean
> ANYONE!!
>
> I remember a few from the earlier series which scared the hell outta
> me but I was pretty young.
>

Yeah - when I was younger I saw one with an evil doll that made a girl kill ots of people - they'd like clawed their eyes out, and got anchors through their necks, and hair in to mincers and stuff.

Not fun.
Fri 14/06/02 at 00:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Its just sheer genius!
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd say it was a down payment, I don't think Gains would bother continuing the assasanation attempt if he got all the money upfront. Or maybe hes not doing it for the money, either way we should find out over the coming weeks.
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I'm not sure if I've already said this. I don't think I have though. I think I was talking about it at school. But anyway.......

That guy on the plane was talking to Gaines over the phone and said something about wiring a million dollars into his account. Is this the price that Gaines is getting? A million dollars seems a bit low. Especially for assassinating a presidential candidate. And when you think that he already payed a million dollars for the ID card and a further 300 grand to Jamey....well, you do that maths. Is this just the first payment or what?

Well, it's on in 45 minutes anyway.
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I guess this could be the 25th thing wrong with 24, although its still a great show and this isn’t a rant about it or anything, anyway:

25. Gains has the ability to get an insider from CTU to relay valuable info. On personnel and ops. Yet he doesn't find it suspicious that this insider hasn't answered any of his calls and has left him with no access to the surveillance cameras in CTU. I should think he would take that as a hint that someone is on to him, I thought he was a terrorist mastermind.

That is the first and last time I'll say anything bad about 24, because like I said it’s a great show. Anyway its on tomorrow, and I can't to see what happens next.
Sat 18/05/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah, it was pretty stupid. Maybe they just left the phone to ring. Gains wouldn't be too suspicious, would he? :-D
Sat 18/05/02 at 13:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Small Frog wrote:
> Reverting to 24, for a sec, did anyone else notice the major
> continuity c***-up in the last episode?
>
> In the episode where Jamey slit her wrists, the ending was a
> cliff-hanger, with Ira Gaines phoning Jamey's little mobile computer
> thing. Fade to credits etc.
>
> In the next one (shown last Sunday), it has stopped ringing, and
> everyone carries on as normal?
>
> What's going on?

Yeah I noticed that, it seemed like a bit of an anti-climax. So there we have Jamey on the floor unconsious, when all of a sudden Gains rings, I was on the edge of my seat wondering whats going to happen next? How will this situation be resolved. Then the week after nothing. The situation wasn't resolved it was just left as it was.

It was a bit dissapointing, but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the show. I hope we don't get another snti-climatic ending, because the whole reason I find 24 so enjoyable to watch is because the amount of suspence the show builds up each episode.
Fri 17/05/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Reverting to 24, for a sec, did anyone else notice the major continuity c***-up in the last episode?

In the episode where Jamey slit her wrists, the ending was a cliff-hanger, with Ira Gaines phoning Jamey's little mobile computer thing. Fade to credits etc.

In the next one (shown last Sunday), it has stopped ringing, and everyone carries on as normal?

What's going on?
Fri 17/05/02 at 16:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, I miss Mulder, only because Scully doesn't seem to suit being the beliver. The metal man episode was an opertunity missed to get some T2 tie ins or gags even. It would have made watching that episode allot more enjoyable, infact I was waiting for Scully or Dogget to mention something taken from the terminator films, but nothing.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You are right about it being better than the Metal Man and Tiny Man episodes but they were dismal in the first place. But I suppose the Metal Man one must have brought some memories back to Robert Patrick about T2.

Anyway, there was one point in that Bat Man episode that NEEDED Mulder. When Scully was talking to Dogget in the first crime scene, she asked how it was possible that there was only one foot print every 25 feet. Dogget said he didn't know. A classic Mulder line would have been "He was good at the long jump?" :-D

Robert Patrick is cool but his name is Dogget which really takes away his coolness. The only cool character left is Skinner. Who rules! He is by far the best character in it now. Everyone else is dead anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.