GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-BOX gets a taste of SNAKE!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 19:41
Regular
Well, I do not want to get everyone going crazy, but... METAL GEAR IS COMING TO THE X-BOX! The X-Box version will be called Metal Gear Substance and will appear at this years E3, until then we are all really left in the lurch but this is an unofficial place to talk about this game as much as you want, I can't wait!
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:40
Regular
Yes it is going to be called 'Metal Gear Solid: Substance', correct me if I am wrong but on IGN they said the game will be coming to X-Box, PC and PS2? If it is coming to PS2 I think we can safely assume that it won't be MGS2 as the game already exsits on PS2. I wonder if they are going to make it the official MGS2 and get rid of Raiden and lengthen the game, this is a very strong possibility as Konami did make a big mistake getting rid of Snake and they evem admit they were wrong. Who knows what, lest just hope E3 will clear all of this up!
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:17
I thought the game was going to be called MSGX because in my XGAMER mag it had the proof that MSGX and GTA3 exitsted on the XBox, has it changed name?
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:14
Regular
Everything that went wrong with MGS2 will be hopefully patched and changed, MGSS could be a totally different game to MGS2, rumours around the net say it could be a re-make of MGS1 with some awesome graphics, I have to say that wouldn't be a bad move but I think the X-Box version deserves something better than this! I hope Raiden or any other character bar Snake will play the lead role. I think that Snake should play the whole of the game through and as with MGS2 a sub-character (as Snake played) would work great with the game and give Snake back-up when needed. I hope that the game takes a better level design than in MGS2, I did not enjoy the 'Big-Shell' at all and I felt that small playing areas plaughed the game an awful lot. With the power of the X-Box there is sure to be something special in the game and what the X-Box can do is another mans dream! BRING ON THE SUBSTANCE!
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:03
I hope Konami make a bit longer than MSG2 that was way to short, but when E3 comes along in a fortnights time ill be waiting to c wether Rare go multi-format, i hope they do, their contract with nintendo runs out soon and a XBox Perfect Dark game would be amazing they should call it PDX!
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:50
Regular
A contridiction in terms, teacher and slacker go very well together!
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:29
Indeed where would I get a wage for no grades at all and not work realatively hard???

I am planning to be a teacher not a slacker by the way
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sounds like a good plan mate. ;-)
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:44
I am getting a job for the summer so thats £120 a week £20 of that will go towards my contract phone £100 for gaming a films utter bliss
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:23
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> I agree mantis and when I said its going to be an amazing summer I
> ment the other games for x-box that are coming out :) plus I like
> raiden his voice was better than cancerous throat number 2 solid snake

All the other X-Box games are amazing as well, I can't wait for about 50 games this year, LOL, shame I will be only able to get 5 or 6 unless I win GAD.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
E3 s looking great for Xbox. The announcement of Xbox LIVE, supposided US price cut, 150 new games (interesting to see what those will be). And with the MGS news aswell, it all looks extra sweet.

I wonder what Sony and Nintendo have planned for E3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.