GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Promotion wars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 10:31
Regular
www.promwars.co.uk

Obviously I don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but it's worth checking out. Download Promotion Wars 1.2E

It's a bit like championship manager, only with wrestling. It's only about 2MB to download (yet it is still pretty good).

Have fun.
Sun 19/05/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Fueds seem to increase after every show even though neither may be at the show. I think you should be able to plan a final date to end the fued when you will have a deciding match or something. A fued doesn't really go of until this point so the fued syste mis a bit unrealistic.
Sun 19/05/02 at 10:24
Regular
Yeah Dragon Kid is brilliant. He gets top match nearly all of the time.He is also useful if you want him to job to some main eventer like The Rock or someone like that.
Sun 19/05/02 at 00:43
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Do you know how to get 'run in's?

If you have two wrestlers in a feud, and one of those two is involved in a no-stipulation singles match, the other will run and aid the opponent every time. I think this increases the feud bar, too.
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:46
Ant, sign Dragon Kid he is brilliant. So far i have had him for three matches and he has been choosen in my best mathes by the critics. Oh and he is my unused champion
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Figo wrote:
> The only problem i have now is getting Sting to entertain the fans. My
> Cruiserweights have been a success and CIMA (think thats his name) vs
> Dragon Kid is a amazing fued. Ant you have Sting, how can i make him
> to do entertaining matches? Or anyone else that has Sting can you tell
> me?

Yeah, he's okay. He's better than a few of my other main eventers like Rock and Steiner, so he usually doesn't get worst match. At the moment he's been defending his "unused singles title" in lots of triple threats against cruiserweights too.

However, I turned him heel and got a great response from the fans. Try that.

So far, my best feud strangely enough has been Scotty and Grandmaster (Too Cool) vs Low Ki' and Kazuya Yuasa (Ka-Ki.) No idea how it got so high. :D
Sat 18/05/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I've found Extreme Warfare Deluxe a better game even though the full game doesn't work on my computer.
Sat 18/05/02 at 15:03
Regular
"That's right!"
Entertainment doesn't go up or down, but in the next release, Promo Wars 2, you can send wrestlers off to train so their entertainment value goes up. However, right now you're stuck with their entertainment value
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
What about entertainment value?
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:55
Regular
"That's right!"
Let's say you have a guy with a draw value of 50, and you push him, giving him wins over people with a higher draw value. The guy's draw value will go up from 50, and keep going up as long as he keeps beating people higher than him. However, making the same person job to the people you want to get higher will make them angry, so space it out. Also, don't make someone with, say, 90 draw value job to someone really low, as that will make them angry too. So if your guy has 50s, let him beat people who have 60s, then when he gets up to 60s, let him beat people who's draw value is in the 70s, etc etc
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Could someone set me straight on this? Does the draw and entertainment values go up and down during the game? I'm certain I've seen someone's draw rating go up. Not so sure about the entertainment value though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.