GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"final fantasy 7... should it be remade?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sat 09/02/08 at 21:39
Regular
"king of the world"
as the topic says

should it be

i think personally this is my favorite game of all time and would love to see it remade for next gen consoles

square enix forget the new final fantasy's

re-born the old
Fri 07/03/08 at 10:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Yeah, guns do seem to have spoilt the idea of it.

Sadly to say, it's hard to go back to FF7 when you've played things like Blue Dragon and others on the next next gen (so far back I can't believe it). Great game, but I can get to grips with it now because of the graphics. I don't usually rate a game on graphics, but it's hard when there is a HUGE difference. I'm sure I will play it again as I loved it, but it'll be the initial 5 hours of the game that will be the toughest, as it'll mean I'll have to adapt back to the PSX me.
Thu 06/03/08 at 23:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Thu 06/03/08 at 22:03
Regular
I wouldn't mind seeing a Nintendo DS release, or maybe s part of a compilation of FF games on the Xbox or Wii, but to change its looks would be like updating the original Goldeneye to have Halo 3-esque graphics. It wouldn't be the same game.

It's a quality classic. I was glad I was able to pick it up brand new on my PS2 last year - even if I still haven't found the time to get through the first disc :P

(If anyone on here remembers what I was like when FFVII was out on PSX then they'd be shocked to see me praising the original game...)
Thu 06/03/08 at 20:18
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm going to spark up an argument here... I preffered FF9

But FF7 was a close second :)
Thu 06/03/08 at 13:30
Regular
"Great gamer"
If Square made FFVII again, I think that they should leave the graphics as they are and increase the gameplay to colossal levels. BEST GAME EVER!!!
Mon 18/02/08 at 19:49
Regular
The gameplay seems a bit average these days, I'd just leave it.
Mon 18/02/08 at 16:59
Regular
This is in my top 5 games too (got to have gran turismo, wipeout and Pro Evo in there!)

It should not be remade. The only thing they could improve is the graphics - and I think flashy graphics would spoil the appeal somewhat. I like the plinky music so that can't be updated either. I have it on PC and Playstation, you can pick up a PS1 with FF7 on ebay for under 30 quid and play it as it was intended.

A "patched" version with all the typos fixed would be nice, though.
Sun 10/02/08 at 15:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Given the crap Square have been making lately i'd rather they leave FF7 well alone so i can still think of it positively.
Sun 10/02/08 at 00:45
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Don't really see the point.

Making another FF game concentrating on the depth of storyline, the pick-up-and-play combat system with subtle masteries, the vastness of gameplay, the epic nature and all that other crap that made FF7 such an awesome game, should be the priority. Not re-hashing old games for new systems.

The focus MUST be taken away from just making games look really pretty.
Sat 09/02/08 at 21:39
Regular
"king of the world"
as the topic says

should it be

i think personally this is my favorite game of all time and would love to see it remade for next gen consoles

square enix forget the new final fantasy's

re-born the old

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.