GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"final fantasy 7... should it be remade?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sat 09/02/08 at 21:39
Regular
"king of the world"
as the topic says

should it be

i think personally this is my favorite game of all time and would love to see it remade for next gen consoles

square enix forget the new final fantasy's

re-born the old
Mon 10/03/08 at 12:12
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Gah, wrote a long post, then it disappeared.

Don't go with the PC version - the hoops you have to go through to get it to work with any modern graphics card are immense (and that's with a legit copy of the game I bought). Aside from the myriad of exciting glitches like upside down video, super-boss-crashes, and a game clock that runs at about 1/3 speed, it's naff with a keyboard. I got a PS1 controller adapter and, tbh, wish I had just restarted my PS1 copy.

To someone else's comment, guns in FF are hardly new. Squall, lead in FFVIII, had his gunblade. Yuna in FFX-2, basically a gunner. Balthier and his guns in FFXII - pretty bad-ass.

Anyhow, back on topic. A remake isn't what we need. It's more thought-out areas, an even better battle system, and fantastic storytelling & voiceacting. FFXII-2, anyone?
Sun 09/03/08 at 23:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, I never thought about the PC version. I suppose I could give it a whirl.
Sun 09/03/08 at 23:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
For the PC anyway, you can download an "Ultimate" edition of FF7 thats had the video re-encoded so its not so big and it includes some fan made patches to help it work with XP.
Sun 09/03/08 at 23:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Could you not download it from somewhere online?
Sun 09/03/08 at 14:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That's the reason why I'll never get to play FF7. I'm not forking out £20 for a PS1 game, no matter how good it is, probably because I don't have £20.

A remake would be good if they don't play around with the gameplay too much, just so I could see what the fuss is about.
Sun 09/03/08 at 13:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Chaos wrote:
> If you still hold this statement after seeing the Final Fantasy
> Versus XIII trailers, I will have your head.

Style over substance. It'll be the first Final Fantasy game i'll likely never play

> If you love the game, you can buy it for Windows and PS1 for
> like a fiver :D

PS1 versions are a collectors item and are selling for £20 in the shops and more online. Getting it for windows? Pretty much impossible.
Sat 08/03/08 at 20:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
Kawada wrote:
> Given the crap Square have been making lately i'd rather they
> leave FF7 well alone so i can still think of it positively.

If you still hold this statement after seeing the Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailers, I will have your head.

As far as remaking VII, I don't really see the point, people would hate it. You'd have to keep the story-line the same otherwise fans would be outraged in some way, so then all emphasis is on graphics, which would look lovely, no doubt, but people would get very bored of the game play quite quickly.

Well, maybe not the die hard fans, but everyone else would. Yes it was fantastic and brilliant game way back in 1996(ish) but to todays standards, I'm not sure it could offer enough to get new gamers playing it, so I don't think they'd generate enough profit from it to allow a remake to be made.

If you love the game, you can buy it for Windows and PS1 for like a fiver :D
Sat 08/03/08 at 17:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Fri 07/03/08 at 19:14
Regular
Fri 07/03/08 at 15:18
"cheerios"
Meh I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 whenever they decide to release it. Just imagine the possibilities on the PS3...hopefully will be more like the first than the second.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.