GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dropship"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 12:23
Regular
I picked up a pre-owned copy of Dropship today, and will give it a go when I get home this evening. This is mainly to Wookiee and other owners of the game - what`s it like? Is it any good? Are the controls manageable? I kinda made an impulse buy there for the first time in a while :D

Anyway, time to save for FFX.
Sat 04/05/02 at 12:23
Regular
I picked up a pre-owned copy of Dropship today, and will give it a go when I get home this evening. This is mainly to Wookiee and other owners of the game - what`s it like? Is it any good? Are the controls manageable? I kinda made an impulse buy there for the first time in a while :D

Anyway, time to save for FFX.
Sat 04/05/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Sorry, I can't tell you much about it, however it was highly recommended to me by someone in HMV who was a keen gamer, therefore i'd be intrigued to find out some more on this game. I know its to do with a war like game not only in a fighter plane/ship but you can drop to land to drive a jeep and continue assault.
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I played two different demo's of the game.

In the first one I got control of a dropship which I had to fly over an enemy base, and destroy all enemy fighters and defences. Then land the dropship and drive a fully armed jeep throught the enemy base while destroying any soldiers and vehicles that got in the way. When I got into the centre of the base I had to defend the jeep from a load of enemy soldiers and, then when that was done I had to escape the base as other dropships started to bomb it. It was bloody exciting.

the second demo was in a jeep again only this time I didn't drive the vehicle, but instead manned the turret. I had to escape enemy forces by driving through enemy terrotry while gunning down all sorts of bad guys. helicopters, tanks, APCs, and soldiers. it was also bloody exciting.

Playing these two demo's is enough to get me to buy the game, and it will be the next title I purchase for the PS2. I can't wait.
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:47
Regular
I played the demo from OPS2M. it had a training mode and then the mission. you had to drop of a jeep and then follow a path in a cartain amount of time to rescue some poeple. The demo had long loading times though but the game is pretty good and the controls are easy to learn.
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:46
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Sounds Great...

might try and get it,

what issue were these demo's on?
Sat 04/05/02 at 15:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> Sounds Great...
>
> might try and get it,
>
> what issue were these demo's on?

The first demo was on OPS2M christmas issue, no. 15 with playable demos of Jak and daxter, burnout, project eden and 8 more. The second demo was on OPS2M january issue, no. 16 with playable demos of headhunter, pro evo soccer, ace combat 4 and 7 more.
Sat 04/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Thanks.
Sat 04/05/02 at 18:39
"High polygon count"
It's an absolutely BRILLIANT game, but be warned there are some rock-hard missions in there.

There are several training missions that ease you in to the controls, but they're really well thought out, and become second-nature in no time.

I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed, unless you really hate this sort of game.
Sat 04/05/02 at 18:42
Regular
I had heard this game wasn't very good but i must have been wrongly informed.
Sat 04/05/02 at 19:27
Regular
"simpsons rule"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> It's an absolutely BRILLIANT game, but be warned there are some
> rock-hard missions in there.
>
> There are several training missions that ease you in to the controls,
> but they're really well thought out, and become second-nature in no
> time.
>
> I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed, unless you really hate
> this sort of game.

that's whai would of said, it is a brillant game :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.