GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do console packages..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 16:47
Regular
...always contain unofficial peripherals?

Although I don't plan on buying one just yet, I've been looking at Gamecube packages around the net to see what's available, and they all have unofficial 2nd controllers and memory cards etc.

I'm a bit of a stickler for official add-ons, and I really dislike not being able to get a package with extra official bits and pieces. Which means I'd have to buy separately and pay more.

I demand official extras in package deals!
Sat 04/05/02 at 09:29
WòókieeMøn§†€®, you're not alone in this debate. I refuse to buy unofficial controllers, and I'd rather have nothing than a tacky, breaks after 2 months of use controller. I had one with my PS1, and I flogged it soon after. Since then, I have always bought official peripherals. As for the console packages including unofficial peripherals - that stinks. The only reason I can think of is maybe it's cheaper for them to manufacture.

3rd party peripherals suck - unless it's the electric guitar for PS1 game 'Guitar Freaks' ;D
Sat 04/05/02 at 00:50
Regular
Best thing to do...

Buy Gamecube from Letsbuyit.com for £125

Buy all games from play.com. most games £32.99 a pop.

best off getting the 64megabit card them as well. 16 times bigger than Ninties own card and only costs a few squid more. Uncompressed memory as well.
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:17
Regular
"My head hurts"
Solskjær wrote:
> I hate this idea of adding an extra unofficial pad to console packs!
> :P

I am lucky my with my cube they sold oout of unoficials so i got 2 officials bad luck for yous.
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hate this idea of adding an extra unofficial pad to console packs! :P

I recently saw an advert in Argos, something like 'the console, 2 pads, and ANY GameCube game for just under £200'! I was tempted, but then I saw there was an ugly third party pad included in the picture!

That put me right off, but i would've gone for it if there were 2 official ones included.

I don't like unofficial pads, even since my N64 experience.
I have one offficial N64 pad, and 2 (the same) that are not. They aren't in the trident shape, and there're only 2 parts to hold, and it's really uncomfortable when trying to use the damn thing!! :(

The only good thing about them is that their Analogue Sticks are still in almost mint condition - as I rarely use them compred to the amount that I use the official one!
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I had this controller for the PS called 'The Scarab'. It was wicked. One minute it was all squashed together, but then you could grab the sides and make it look like...well, a scarab! Then I showed it to Snuggly and apparently people at SR had been laughing about how crap it was.
Fri 03/05/02 at 17:39
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
conker smonker... GAMECUBE IS HERE!! (well by me)
Fri 03/05/02 at 17:20
"Uzi Lover"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Someone stole my Conker!

What you looking at me for?
Fri 03/05/02 at 17:19
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I bet there will be some postmen with 'sticky fingers' today.

My last GAD never made it this far :-(
Someone stole my Conker!
Fri 03/05/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Pain Pfffft

Hammer a nail in your head

" I'm a REAL gamer " trying to actu superior

" With NO Gamecube " Superb

Superbio
Fri 03/05/02 at 17:17
"Uzi Lover"
I share the pain...though I played Super Monkey Ball for a bit today.

I made my pain worse by reviewing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.