GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notable Elections: Vote Insane Bartender!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 14:34
Regular
You will.

He'll wear you down with his big words and fancy Latin, and you'll come round to his way of thinking. (Albeit a somewhat inferior version of it).

;o)
Wed 01/05/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Insane Bartender wrote:

> You can be pretty sure of something, but you can never EVER be certain
> of them

One thing you can be sure of - If Goatboy ever manages to find out where you live, you can be sure he will come round and shove a dictionary up your ar..
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:57
"Darkness, always"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> So unless anyone makes me do otherwise, I'm going to sit here and cack
> my pants.
>
> Either that or crack one off.
>
> Depends on what the butterfly does.

the essence of complexity is that you can never be certain of anything. you want to reach out and grab the can of Coke on the table next to you, but as you reach, what if someone crashing their car two streets away triggers events that send a gust of wind into your home knocking the can off the table? what if the stresses and strains of the chair over the years, combined with the simultaneous switching on of 5 televisions in the next town trigger your chair coming apart under you?

You can be pretty sure of something, but you can never EVER be certain of them
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Insane Bartender wrote:

>
> Complexity (or Chaos) Theory,

Actually Choas is one particular mode of behaviour within the realm of Complexity theory, they are not one and the same.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Therefore life is NOT what you make if it, it is what everyone and
> everything else makes of you.

Possible... yes. But surely the probablity of something dramatically affecting you is so low that you can live your life how you want to and make of it what you will.

For at 99.99% of the time any way.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:54
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Therefore life is NOT what you make if it, it is what everyone and
> everything else makes of you.

Biggest pile of objective pap I have ever read. You are merely playing devil's advocate to all suggestions IB.
Just go and depress people elsewhere will you.

All repect I have ever had for you is now extinct. I know you won't care about that, but I don't care that you don't care. Just Crawl back under your shell and shut up, huh?
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:53
"Darkness, always"
Brew wrote:
> Well, what is your responce IB?
>
> Hehe, you see what I did there?
> *Laughs childishly*

I'm game, I know I'll lose, which is why I have variable IPs and multiple e-mail addresses at the ready.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:51
Regular
"not dead"
So unless anyone makes me do otherwise, I'm going to sit here and cack my pants.

Either that or crack one off.

Depends on what the butterfly does.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:49
"Darkness, always"
nh wrote:
> Goatboy is talking about life - real life - not some theoretical
> computer science nonsense. Maybe you should try getting one -- a life
> that is ;D

This post shows a shocking ignorance of complexity theory.

For the benefit of the audience:

Complexity (or Chaos) Theory, is not a "theoretical computer science" concept. It is in fact, a very real mathematical concept. Complexity theory teaches us that although life IS possible to predict, it has far too many variables for anyone to ever discern what will happen in any given moment in time. A butterfly flapping it's wings in Japan CAN trigger a chain of events that accumulate to cause a storm in California.

Everything is effected by everything else. You think some un-notable person on the other side of the world doesn't effect your life? All creatures emit electronic pulses, these electronic pulses, although we do not consciously pick up on them, effect what we do.

EVERYTHING around you effects you. You yourself have no control over it whatsoever.

Therefore life is NOT what you make if it, it is what everyone and everything else makes of you.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:48
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Well, what is your responce IB?

Hehe, you see what I did there?
*Laughs childishly*
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Good idea there Brew.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.