GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 13:29
Regular
as you proberly already know Unreal 2 is going to be relased for the PC but dose anyone know if it will be relased on the PS2?
Fri 03/05/02 at 12:41
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
> It possible. There is an unreal game on its way to the x-box, which
> has been specifically designed for that console, so I don't see why
> the PS2 wont get its own version aswell. If they do plan to make an
> unreal game for the PS2 though, i would think they'll wait until the
> modem is released, so the game could be played over the internet.

yah internet play would be cool
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:09
Regular
"accidental superher"
no i can't see unreal 2 coming onto the ps2 or the unreal tournament 2003 either...cos it couldn't really handle unreal tournament (that could have been bad conversion though)
Thu 02/05/02 at 11:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
>
> if they don't relese Unreal 2 on the PS2 then they can release the
> death match game instead

It possible. There is an unreal game on its way to the x-box, which has been specifically designed for that console, so I don't see why the PS2 wont get its own version aswell. If they do plan to make an unreal game for the PS2 though, i would think they'll wait until the modem is released, so the game could be played over the internet.
Wed 01/05/02 at 18:50
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
>
> I think Epic who are developing Unreal 2 have left out multiplayer so
> probably wont have a deathmatch option. This is only an assumption
> though.
>
> There is also going to be another unreal game on the PC, Unreal
> tournement 2003, the sequel to the origanal unreal tournement.
>
> The game looks amazing graphics wise and it will come with all the
> usual deatmatch, capture the flag and domination modes.

if they don't relese Unreal 2 on the PS2 then they can release the death match game instead
Wed 01/05/02 at 11:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
> i think Unreal 2 has death match

I think Epic who are developing Unreal 2 have left out multiplayer so probably wont have a deathmatch option. This is only an assumption though.

There is also going to be another unreal game on the PC, Unreal tournement 2003, the sequel to the origanal unreal tournement.

The game looks amazing graphics wise and it will come with all the usual deatmatch, capture the flag and domination modes.

Looks like I'll have to upgrade my PC.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:06
"For the horde!!!!"
i think Unreal 2 has death match
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:57
"For the horde!!!!"
The_King wrote:
> So yeah, a level based game that sees you completing various missions
> to progress to the next - sound simple, but then the best games are
> usaully built on a simple formular.

thats true. is there a deathmatch option included?
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:36
"You love us!"
Yeah, MoH: Frontline is pretty much like the PSone versions of the game, and the PC Allied Assault for that matter. One of the levels is the Normandy beach landing, which is excellent, and another level i played was set in an old mine, complete with mine cart sequence - very cool indeed.

So yeah, a level based game that sees you completing various missions to progress to the next - sound simple, but then the best games are usaully built on a simple formular.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:31
"For the horde!!!!"
The_King wrote:
>
> However, this doesn't mean that the PS2 is going to be at a
> disadvantage to Xbox - okay so the PS2 won't be seeing games built on
> the Unreal 2 engine, but you just wait until you see MoH: Frontline -
> its awesome.

what goes on in MOH?
is it a mission type game?
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:26
"You love us!"
Hmmm, yes and no.

I think the Unreal 2 engine will be very popular with developers and it'll be used in quite a few upcoming games. When you think that the new Doom 3 engine from ID Software isn't really going to be finished until late this year at the very earliest, it leaves Epic and there Unreal 2 engine in a strong position to sell it to as many games developers as possible.

I'd also say that the Xbox prolly could manage the Unreal 2 engine, taking into account the nVidia graphics GPU of the machine, which is very much like what most high-endPCs have, and a high-end PC is going to be required if you want to get the best out of the Unreal 2 engine.

However, this doesn't mean that the PS2 is going to be at a disadvantage to Xbox - okay so the PS2 won't be seeing games built on the Unreal 2 engine, but you just wait until you see MoH: Frontline - its awesome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.