GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 13:29
Regular
as you proberly already know Unreal 2 is going to be relased for the PC but dose anyone know if it will be relased on the PS2?
Mon 29/04/02 at 13:29
"For the horde!!!!"
as you proberly already know Unreal 2 is going to be relased for the PC but dose anyone know if it will be relased on the PS2?
Mon 29/04/02 at 13:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I haven't heard of a conversion. I don't think the unreal 2 engine could be converted to the PS2 anyway, Its way too powerful.
Mon 29/04/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Touched!"
I hoenstly think you are more likely to see this Appear on the Xbox than the PS2, if its ever ported to a console!
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:11
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Playstation has never been the true home of FPSs, The vital piece of kit that it lacks is a mouse. If you want to play Unreal II then you should invest in a PC. :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:30
"For the horde!!!!"
Brew wrote:
> Playstation has never been the true home of FPSs, The vital piece of
> kit that it lacks is a mouse. If you want to play Unreal II then you
> should invest in a PC. :)

can't yah use a USB mouse?
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
It probably will come out on PS2 but not for a while just like UNREAL tournament.
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
I hope it would come out for PS2 but I cant really see it!!
Tue 30/04/02 at 08:55
"For the horde!!!!"
Mattyboy wrote:
> I hope it would come out for PS2 but I cant really see it!!

i hope so as well
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
What the PS2 needs is a brand new Unreal game designed specifically for the console, none of this conversion nonsense. Conversions often suffer from lazyness on the part of the developers, like the game No one live forever which is great on the PC but from what I've heard it is a crap conversion on the PS2. which is a shame because its a really good game.

But look at medal of honour on the PC, a great WW2 FPS with a great mix of shoot out and sneak em up levels. Yet rather than just convert the game to the PS2, the developers have started a new MOH game from scratch. Its designed around the PS2 hardware so the game wont suffer from any half ar$ed conversion.

This is exactly what I think the developers of unreal should do for a PS2 version of the game. If there is ever going to be an unreal game on the PS2 that is.
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:52
"For the horde!!!!"
> But look at medal of honour on the PC, a great WW2 FPS with a great
> mix of shoot out and sneak em up levels. Yet rather than just convert
> the game to the PS2, the developers have started a new MOH game from
> scratch. Its designed around the PS2 hardware so the game wont suffer
> from any half ar$ed conversion.
>
> This is exactly what I think the developers of unreal should do for a
> PS2 version of the game. If there is ever going to be an unreal game
> on the PS2 that is.

i heard the PS2 can't handle the Unreal 2 engine but whether thats a fact or a rumur i don'r know.

Will that new MOH game have keyboard and mouse options?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.