GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"super mario sunshine looks ......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 19:54
Regular
absolute pants! The graphics are rubbish and the gameplay even worse!
For any one who has recently bought NOM then you will notice a picture of mario squirting water at a village!it looks so rubbish! im marios biggest fan and i really cant see myself buying this game!
Any way this shot in particular is all blurred and the horizion looks really bad!
the whole mission of the game is to clear up paint and it is entirely based on a place called dolphin island! If you do have NOm then look at the picture of mario getting chased by the pirana flower! there is a glitch where marios back foot is going into the ground!!
the whole game looks almost as bad as the new zelda! please shigsy do somethin gabout this pile of s*** before it comes to us in the summer! I really cant wait for a good mario game and strapping a pack full of water and mopping up paint isnt my idea of gaming heaven!
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Have you seen the game moving? Is it near completion? Have you played it? NO! So don't pass judgement. As for Zelda, It does actually look quite cool, and i am sure will play like nothing else on Earth.
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:53
How can you say that the gameplay is rubbish? - Have you played it?
You've only seen a few screenshots! You know what Nintendo are like, they only release a few 'taster' pics that give you no idea of anything else in the game! Wait till E3, then we'll see what its like!
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:19
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/sms/action_g/index.html

one set of mario sunshine pictures, dont look to bad

and the other set

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/sms/chara_g/index.html

nothing much wrong with that
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:35
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
how can you lot be saying all of this !!!

lugi's mansion ... I know i'll go around sucking up ghosts with a hover
Sounds like a lame idea , but no , it's fun , non-monotonous FUN !

Wash paint off the walls with a water gun , this is NINTENDO people ! , if they didn't think this was going to work then they wouldn't do it, some paint may be thicker than others and requires more blastic , maybe you could aim it at the floor to get a jet going and then fly up to new areas , this could even be the way to activate your flying cap if you find one. And who ever said that the only thing you are going to do is wash paint ??? anyone ? exactly , In NGC , they said that all the original moves that mario does in other games , return. Along with some new ones but instead you perform them with a water gun on your back.

This people is gaming ingenuity at it's best ! It's a wacky , some may say stupid idea , but the possibilities you could have by having a water gun on your back can add more depth and cool tricks than any of the previous mario epics.

So the graphics at this stage arent that good , Nintendo themselves said that was because of a dodgy screenshot capturing program , but does it really matter ?? even if the graphics only just top that of mario 64 , will it matter ? it's still an improvement , and the game itself is still a good few months still expected completetion , during that time thousands of little tweaks are to made , and this game will end up looking just like the superb luigi's mansion , which has the best ghostly graphics to date (from nintendo).

Dont worry peeps , this game will pull out all the stops , all the expectations....... and then some, full stop
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:52
Cooky i totaly agree with you! if i wanted to mop up paint and fight giant squids i could do it for alot cheaper than £40

*turns to his right and pats his giant squid*

i mean he's a plumer not a painter and decorater
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:58
Regular
I have just seen the latest Mario Sunshine screenshots at totalgames.net and they are much MUCH better than any of the shots seen so far!
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
yaeh i guess your right! but on conker they had the chapter system which was absolutely amazin! my favourite was either war or sloprano or maybe heist or could be farmboy sayin that they were all pretty fantastic!
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Pringle28 wrote:
> yeah ok maybe that was a pretty harsh statement but my cousins in
> canada will have the game very soon and then i will have the real
> deal! cooky you have to admit that the graphics and the storyline
> arent the most attractive thing to grace mario games?

To be honest your right!

This is just NOT what I was expecting in the slightest!

I was expecting a Mario 64 2, but what do I get? Mario (mop up) Paint 2!

I want there to be set levels, and to just go around jumping on things head and collecting stars. Not just run around one big level washing away paint and graphety (sp) with a water cannon! It really does sound like quite a lame idea!

Actually if you think about it. Conker was just kinda one big level. Perhaps Nintendo are taking this approach with Sunshine! We can only live in hope!

As for what you do in the game. Miyamoto has yet to let me down, and so I'm going to reserve my opinion on this game till I've actually played it! Only a few months till it's released in Japan, so it's going to be interesting to read what people think to the game!

:)
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
yeah ok maybe that was a pretty harsh statement but my cousins in canada will have the game very soon and then i will have the real deal! cooky you have to admit that the graphics and the storyline arent the most attractive thing to grace mario games?
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Pringle28 wrote:
> absolute pants! The graphics are rubbish and the gameplay even
> worse!

The gameplay is even worse???

You my friend are a fool! Making a judgement like that before anyone, let alone you, has even played the game!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.