GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Episode Two will suck, and it will suck hard"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 16:02
Regular
George Lucas has lost it.

I have now, utterly convinved myself, that Attack of the Clones will be a two hour piece of pap that will pathetically try to make a love story, make up some stupid plot about all the Fetts being cloned, introduce loads of new aliens that you've never seen or want to even care about, and the plot will suck. Suck suck suck.

And so should you. If we dedicate all the time we could be doing hyping up Episode Two, which to be fair, looks crap, then we're bound to go into the cinemas, and at least for that one moment, surely get a better film that we expected.

But it's unlikely, because it's going to suck more powerfully than you can possibly imagine.

Hur hur.
Mon 29/04/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Brrrrr."
'Episode two will suck, and it will suck hard...'

I know some people who like this...
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:58
They should do another holiday special 'At home with the Fetts'.

I thought Episode One was OK. If it wasn't Star Wars I would have left the cinema very satisfied. As it *was* Star Wars I felt it had gone too far down the merchandising route. But I'm looking forward to AOTC. Though get a gut feeling that it's no longer *the* sci-fi series to see.
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
You know the guys Lucas has got playing the Jedi who just fight (i.e. - no speaking parts)?

Apparently, he hired these guys because they are professional martial artists who were banned from competitions for being *too* violent.

Sounds good to me...
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Its Star Wars for feck sake, How can you not like star wars?

I can't wait to see episode 2, it looks great.
Mon 29/04/02 at 08:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
1 - Stormtroopers
2 - Boba Fett's Dad
3 - Nathalie Portman in white jumpsuit
4 - Lightsabers
5 - Samuel L Jackson
6 - Christopher Lee

That's enough for me.
Sun 28/04/02 at 23:18
Regular
"That's right!"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
it won't live up to the hype

--------

To be honest, has there been much hype? Remember back in 98/99? Everything was "Wow, the new Star Wars film! Wow!"

I know this is the second new one, so the novelty has gone a bit, but still, you'd think people would care more about it
Sun 28/04/02 at 23:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The best way to approach films like this is like Grix said, lower your expectations. I went to see Episode One with an open mind, and came out relatively satisfied - big movies like this rarely live up to the hype, and don't forget, they're kids movies. Lucas has taken on board scything comments about Episode One, severly cutting Jar Jar's role (not his head, unfortunately), putting more fight scenes in and putting some focus on the bad-ass Star Wars elements - Stormtroopers, the Fetts etc.

Episode Two will be good. Not mindblowing, it won't live up to the hype, but it'll be a good sci-fi yarn, with excellent special effects, gay robots and Jango Fett shooting stuff. How could you possibly want more?
Sun 28/04/02 at 23:04
Regular
"That's right!"
Episode 2 looks great, and so far I've heard nothing but good stuff about it... until I read Grix's post, heh

It's got Anakin fighting Dooku with TWO lightsabres! How can it NOT own?

But then I suppose people said the same about Maul and his two bladed lightsabre... Hmm...

Well I'll definitely be seeing it, and I hope I'll enjoy it
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:46
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
>it actually made Episode One suck less.

That's impossible, isnt it?
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Interesting side note, the fat guy who runs Ain't It Cool news (who is notorious for telling you when films suck, especially in the case of Episode One) has seen the film, and abso-friggin-lutely loved it. He said it was one of the best sci-fi films he had ever seen, and it actually made Episode One suck less. That's gotta be good.

Check out the review at http://www.aint-it-cool.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.