GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 18"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/01/08 at 12:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Okay, here goes. Short Story Competition Number Eighteen.

The theme is Gorland

What? I hear you say. Gorland? Yes, Gorland, a neutral word which could mean anything ... a person's name, the name of a place, a thing (big or small), anything whatsoever. You decide. I'm trying to make this as open as possible.

So the theme is Gorland, use it how ever you will. The one rule is that "Gorland" dominates your story, which, by the way, can be in any format of fiction you desire, viz. prose, poetry, play, or any other fictitious mode that I can't right now bring to mind. Even something like a fake news report or a bogus biography ...

Closing date: around Valentine's Day.
Tue 11/03/08 at 17:51
"The DEPRESSOR"
What is Gorland?
Tue 11/03/08 at 17:08
"possibly impossible"
Yes, I'm still trying to get an entry together....argh! That trip to London just gave me far more work...
Sat 08/03/08 at 13:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
No worries. I will only judge when there's enough entries. I may even enter a story myself.
Sun 02/03/08 at 20:43
"possibly impossible"
I promise I'll enter.

Perhaps I'll write something in the hotel while I'm in London, depends what I do in the evening!
Sat 23/02/08 at 10:25
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Fear not, I'm still here.
I haven't read the entries yet, and with only two so far there's no point judging until there is more, so the deadline is open at the moment.
Wed 06/02/08 at 21:05
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Damn! Only 8 more days.

If I don't get it finished soon, I'll just end it on a bizarre cliffhanger. XD

I'm off to America on the 14th as well...

[B]EDIT- This one was a bit rushed as well...

Too much other stuff going on.
Wed 06/02/08 at 00:14
"possibly impossible"
Still trying to finish!
Tue 29/01/08 at 20:26
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Mine is well under construction now, thinking it's going to need a lot more work though.
Fri 25/01/08 at 19:48
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I've got a few ideas, but so far they're sooo predictable.

There is one idea in particular that I think would be good, though, if only I could find a way to make it just a bit more original....
Mon 21/01/08 at 23:11
Regular
"not dead"
I am happy, for I have started mine. A bit odd, and it might grow to quite the length, but we'll see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.