GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARE GAMES GETTING LESS EXCITING?:version 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 19:33
Regular
(IMPROVED-version 2.sorry for version 1 which had no paragraphs !)
Hi this is my first post so I hope its a good un and know harsh comments on my spelling,im only 15 for crying out loud hahahahah anyway ive felt this way for along time now that games aren't as fun as what games were like for say the 1st next generation games consoles i.e. N64,Playstation,ect.

Ya probably think im some kinda idiot but ive been playing games since I was 5 and ive gone thru numerous games consoles(Sega mastersystem,nes,snes,gb,gba,n64,ps1,ps2,dc ta name but a few :) and played more than 10,000 games ( no joke a quarter of those I bought and the rest I either played on demo or round my m8s . Remember when games like MGS1 and Final Fantasy 7 was released? At the time they were ground breaking , games that when ppl played them gave them weird feelings inside themselves (anxiety That's why I want to become a games designer, I want to introduce new elements to games,elemnts the shigaru miyamoto(spelling :)) and hideo Kojima would be proud of.

After playing games for a long time you start to realise that many games are greatly influenced and as yet the only games console I have played which has the most original games for it has been the dreamcast.Ya may say that ps2 is better and indeed it is but what I said is "original games" which Sega make in abundance Star Online (first online console game to break new boundaries ) SHENMUE ( the dearest game ever created and the first game off its kind, forget shadow of memories! ) samba da amigo,chu-chu rocket,crazy taxi,virtua tennis, sonic adventure to name but a few. So to conclude, games developers ARE running out of ideas ( just look at MGS 2 s plot for proof of that )why day think hideo kojima wants to get anew developer for MGS 3? because he knows he has ballsed the whole thing up?! the plot I mean,,,everything else cant be bettered no 1 and by no game aahahahahahah anyway what im saying is games developers give some of us youngsters to express are feelings on games more and stress games will become better, just look at XBOX when it was being developed the Microsoft buds went round asking questions and surveying local ppl and well just look at the xbox NOW?? huge potential for best console ever !? no joke if it wernt for us, the people the console would never have became as cool as it has as is said for every other console ever made...............

x-citing
Sun 28/04/02 at 11:46
Looks like i missed out on a real good arguement!?!?!?!
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Darkness_2K wrote:
> Here here! Raise your glases for Newbies everywhere! Now join me in a
> toast: Give Newbies a chance!

Humm...we were never newbies were we, so I suppose we don't understand. Which is why we shall stand up for them!!

Agh, can't be bothered. :D

Thanks for the comments by the way quinty, much appreciated mate.
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Here here! Raise your glases for Newbies everywhere! Now join me in a toast: Give Newbies a chance!
Regular
well said ant. finally a person with some common sense.
Regular
""ill be back ""
Guyzer wrote:
> GayboyFanatic wrote:
> I've enjoyed our little chat in here tonight.
> Maybe we can do it again some time.
>
> Everything I've said still stands.
>
> Notice how if i never said anything it'd just be you three little
> saddo's chatting away abput the weather all warm and fuzzy in your
> bubble of stupidity.
>
> Sorry, it's not just Liam.
> You are all homophobic plebs
>
> Such a funny Gay

ant,guy come to my new topic and reflest on games,i think we should leave gayfanatic alone now,so he can rethink wether he should have born a woman instead of the gay man he is today(cuz he sure actas like 1
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:22
Regular
"I like cheese"
Also, why are you having a go at Guyzer and Quinty? Because they're giving Liam a chance?

Guyzer uses proper grammar and he's only just started posting, so you're not exactly one to talk. It took you long enough to post properly.
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:20
GayboyFanatic wrote:
> I've enjoyed our little chat in here tonight.
> Maybe we can do it again some time.
>
> Everything I've said still stands.
>
> Notice how if i never said anything it'd just be you three little
> saddo's chatting away abput the weather all warm and fuzzy in your
> bubble of stupidity.
>
> Sorry, it's not just Liam.
> You are all homophobic plebs

Such a funny Gay
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
FFF, do you remember your first posts? Bad grammar, nothing of any interest, but we gave you a chance. We let you keep posting and didn't have too much of a go at you, and now you're a decent poster.

Stop being so hypocritical and give Liam a chance. Although I think he needs to stop the swearing...
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Yes! Liam has discovered the wonders of the English language!
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:11
Regular
notice FFF we finished 5 mins ago. you seem intent on carrying it on eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.