GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How long have you been a SR memeber? Nationwide Search!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 12:01
Regular
I thought i'd do a little search to find out who is the longest-serving member of Special Reserve and what was your first purchase?

I believe that Special Reserve has been around for about 11 years now.

I know that my first purchase was a Sega Megadrive with Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monaco Grand Prix and Streets of Rage (what a game!) I reckon this means i became a member (well, my mum did) about 9/10 years ago.

What about you lot?

P.s. For Die hard, long-serving members, can you remember what the monthly mag used to be called?
Thu 25/04/02 at 14:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Goatboy wrote:
> 1st thing I ordered was Lotus Challenge on the Amiga.
> Back in...er...90-91 I think?
>
> It was a tiny little room with a few metal shelves in and some blokes.

Was?
Thu 25/04/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep, a bit better than it was.
You had to go up these outside flights of stairs into a musty little corner office with warehouse type shelves on.
Lotus Challenge and Hunter for the Amiga.
Top.
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I remember seeing Special Reserve in games mag's since Nintendo Official Magazine was put on sale many moons back. It took me a while to build up the confidence to join and order from a mail company but when I started saving, I realised I should have joined sooner. I also plucked up the courage to sign up for the internet chat a few years ago. I was lookin through my cupboards last week and found the back page to a single magazine with a Special Reserve advert. On it are several SNES games (although I have to say, one or two were quite expensive!)
The first thing I bought? Not sure, probably something cheap (it's why I joined). I never order regularly from SR, not sure why. Just don't.
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Omnipresent"
'91 was when I first took notice I think.
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:11
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I have no idea to be honest. I think my Dad was with them since the beginning. Chelmsford shop was the first one right? But I just about remember buying Sonic and Knuckles from their. That's the earliest game I can remember. I know there were more, as I have those Special Reserve labels on loads and loads of old games. I think my Dad used to buy them for me. I really can't remember to be honest.
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:25
Regular
"That's right!"
All you people have all these memories, and I'd never even heard of Special Reserve until I joined the forums right at the end of '01

Just goes to show how many customers you're losing by not having any shops in the north, you bunch o' southern fairies
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I agree, how about Meadowhall in Sheffield. You'd totally dry out Game and EB.
P.S. Don't set up shop in Huddersfield, you have been warned!
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:04
Regular
about 4/5 years
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Bobba you"
i have only known about SR about 4 months ago in a ps2 mag and now i'm never off it!
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:29
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Couple of years i think, I first got Body Harvest on the N64 as a free gift from them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.