GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How long have you been a SR memeber? Nationwide Search!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 12:01
Regular
I thought i'd do a little search to find out who is the longest-serving member of Special Reserve and what was your first purchase?

I believe that Special Reserve has been around for about 11 years now.

I know that my first purchase was a Sega Megadrive with Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monaco Grand Prix and Streets of Rage (what a game!) I reckon this means i became a member (well, my mum did) about 9/10 years ago.

What about you lot?

P.s. For Die hard, long-serving members, can you remember what the monthly mag used to be called?
Thu 25/04/02 at 12:01
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I thought i'd do a little search to find out who is the longest-serving member of Special Reserve and what was your first purchase?

I believe that Special Reserve has been around for about 11 years now.

I know that my first purchase was a Sega Megadrive with Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monaco Grand Prix and Streets of Rage (what a game!) I reckon this means i became a member (well, my mum did) about 9/10 years ago.

What about you lot?

P.s. For Die hard, long-serving members, can you remember what the monthly mag used to be called?
Thu 25/04/02 at 12:08
Regular
"I confused?"
about 7 years.
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:00
Regular
"..."
since the front cover looked like this:

Ming.Jpg - Click Here

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever"
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:02
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Not long enough though to remember what the monthly mag was called? (It had a title rather than just 'Special Reserve')

If anyone from the SR staff is listening... i'll accept your answer?!
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Not your monkey"
1994ish

Think Sam and Max was one of the first things i got.
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The mag used to be called NRG, and before that it was called Confidential, though it wasn't a mail order mag before that.
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I remember ordering Street Fighter for the Atari ST, then crying because it needed a 1MB upgrade any my ST was a 540. Damn you Spez Rez staff!
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've been a member for about 10 years. I remember NRG. That was so long ago now...
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
1st thing I ordered was Lotus Challenge on the Amiga.
Back in...er...90-91 I think?

It was a tiny little room with a few metal shelves in and some blokes.
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I Think I may have been a member in the eighties (88?) ? ... I think I joined so I could get Ultima 5 for the C64 at a discount...

However any memorys of before 1993 are all a little foggy I'm afraid... So I may have been thinking of something else entirely???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.