GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How long have you been a SR memeber? Nationwide Search!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 12:01
Regular
I thought i'd do a little search to find out who is the longest-serving member of Special Reserve and what was your first purchase?

I believe that Special Reserve has been around for about 11 years now.

I know that my first purchase was a Sega Megadrive with Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monaco Grand Prix and Streets of Rage (what a game!) I reckon this means i became a member (well, my mum did) about 9/10 years ago.

What about you lot?

P.s. For Die hard, long-serving members, can you remember what the monthly mag used to be called?
Fri 26/04/02 at 12:51
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Wow!... so many members. Those of you who said the old mag was NRG were correct. I remember waiting for that mag to be delivered every month!

*Sings* "Memories... like the corner of my mind... all those memories, of the way...we were. la la lala, etc, etc"

Thanks for the replies peeps.
Thu 25/04/02 at 22:34
Regular
"um..."
This is my 4th year I think......
Thu 25/04/02 at 22:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Tony, take note - I would've been a member years ago, if you bothered setting up some shops in the north...

Just think, your staff could be made up of illiterate Geordies and Macums

Go on, you know you want to! ;-)

(seriously though, an SR shop in Newcastle would be great because I wouldn't have to go to HMV anymore)
Thu 25/04/02 at 22:04
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I joined when I pre ordered Mission Impossible for the N64 which isn't really that long ago compared to some.
Thu 25/04/02 at 21:59
Regular
"That's right!"
pb wrote:
since the original Gameboy came out.

----------

I still don't think of that being that long ago, but when I told my mate's younger brother that I had an original Game Boy, while he was playing on his colour/pocket sized one, he laughed! That's when I realised just how ancient they are... and I was heart broken
Thu 25/04/02 at 21:52
Regular
(http://www.fuji-image-service.
fsnet.co.uk/NRGMagMayJun95.htm)

I prefer that SR Red Splat logo the the current one. The writing style is better and the red splat is also better!
Thu 25/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
I joined last week, as my Dad decided not to renew his damn membership
Thu 25/04/02 at 21:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeah, that's the one. That must have been roughly the third mag I got from SR.

I haven't been a member for about a year and a half now though.. I stopped bothering now that I can order online easily without the catalogue.
Thu 25/04/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
VenomByte wrote:
> One of the first spez rez mags I got was a purple one with pics of
> bomberman on it. Anyone know when that was? ;)
>
> I reckon it was pre-PSX, and it was somewhere around spring, but I
> don't know what year...

Is this it? ...

http://www.fuji-image-service.fsnet.co.uk/NRGMagMayJun95.htm
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:17
Regular
"smile, it's free"
One of the first spez rez mags I got was a purple one with pics of bomberman on it. Anyone know when that was? ;)

I reckon it was pre-PSX, and it was somewhere around spring, but I don't know what year...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.