GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two films you *must* watch this weekend"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 09:05
Regular
Sunday (I think)

The Hitcher - Rutger Haur & C Thomas Howell.
Kid picks up hitch-hiker who demands the the kid kills him. Kid refuses and kicks him out of the car, the Hitcher then spends the movie hunting the kid down.
It's dark, nasty and very, very good.

The Taking of Pelham 123
Best "Heist" film ever. Robert Shaw, Walther Matthau and a load of others.
A group of criminals take a NY subway train and hold the passangers hostage until they get $1 million ransom.
All the criminals are colour-coded (Mr White, Mr Black, Mr Blue...sound familiar?) and this film rocks. Big time.
Worth watching if only for the opening title music - Best 70s wah-wah music ever.

Don't miss these two films folks or you're most silly
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sunday (I think)

The Hitcher - Rutger Haur & C Thomas Howell.
Kid picks up hitch-hiker who demands the the kid kills him. Kid refuses and kicks him out of the car, the Hitcher then spends the movie hunting the kid down.
It's dark, nasty and very, very good.

The Taking of Pelham 123
Best "Heist" film ever. Robert Shaw, Walther Matthau and a load of others.
A group of criminals take a NY subway train and hold the passangers hostage until they get $1 million ransom.
All the criminals are colour-coded (Mr White, Mr Black, Mr Blue...sound familiar?) and this film rocks. Big time.
Worth watching if only for the opening title music - Best 70s wah-wah music ever.

Don't miss these two films folks or you're most silly
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I taped a film the other night called 'The Cassandra Crossing', it's about a deadly vidus that's travelling across Europe on a train. And I taped 'The Furth Protocol', about some sort of disaster - I'm not quite sure. So I'm gonna have a fun filled death video night!
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:29
Regular
"not dead"
The Hitcher rules.

I saw it, probably over 10 years ago.

Y'know that bit where he goes "Hey Kid" licks the coin, and sticks it over his eyes, I used to do that to by brother all the time. He hated it.

Don't let them be on Channel 5.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:30
Don't get your hopes up about The Cassandra Crossing. It's a pretty bad disaster movie. Impressive train crash for the time though.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:36
Regular
Goaty, what time/channel are these films on?
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meka Dragon wrote:
Y'know that bit where he goes "Hey Kid" licks the coin, and
> sticks it over his eyes, I used to do that to by brother all the time.
> He hated it.
>
--

Not surprising methinks.
I think it's BBC1 and C4 they're on.

Even if you've seen The Hitcher, you MUST watch The Taking of Pelham 123.

Trust me, makes most heist movies pale into comparision.
Robert Shaw as Mr Black "We will kill a passenger every hour until you deliver the money. We are not joking."
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> Goaty, what time/channel are these films on?

---

The Taking of Pelham 123 is on Sunday at 23:15, BBC1

The Hitcher is on 22:00 Sunday, C4.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:45
I'm going to have to watch Star Trek 4 - The Voyage Home. I watched 'Search For Spock' the other day on the Sci-Fi channel, I never realised how crap the ending was.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Aaaand thanks for sharing that with the group.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
devo wrote:
> Don't get your hopes up about The Cassandra Crossing. It's a pretty
> bad disaster movie. Impressive train crash for the time though.

It crashes! I might as well not watch it now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.