GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two films you *must* watch this weekend"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 09:05
Regular
Sunday (I think)

The Hitcher - Rutger Haur & C Thomas Howell.
Kid picks up hitch-hiker who demands the the kid kills him. Kid refuses and kicks him out of the car, the Hitcher then spends the movie hunting the kid down.
It's dark, nasty and very, very good.

The Taking of Pelham 123
Best "Heist" film ever. Robert Shaw, Walther Matthau and a load of others.
A group of criminals take a NY subway train and hold the passangers hostage until they get $1 million ransom.
All the criminals are colour-coded (Mr White, Mr Black, Mr Blue...sound familiar?) and this film rocks. Big time.
Worth watching if only for the opening title music - Best 70s wah-wah music ever.

Don't miss these two films folks or you're most silly
Mon 29/04/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ending was a bit crap?
Any film that ends on Walther Matthau smiling like a scrotum with eyes is top.

Robert Shaw was excellent, reading his book calmly in the cab.
And the chase across NY with the money ruled.
And the hippy/cop with the kaftan.
Mon 29/04/02 at 13:54
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Saw Pelham, it ruled. Walter Matthau has got a rubber face, and Robert Shaw is a nifty scoundrel. Ending was a bit crap though, but it did have George Kastanza's dad in it.
Mon 29/04/02 at 12:19
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Saw both. Hitcher was ok but the ad breaks really did my head.

- "Please, I'll do anything"
- "Say four words for me"
- "Erm, ok?"
- "Say, 'i want to dies'"

Pelham 123 rules the world.
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:49
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah, watched The Hitcher, it must be 12 years since I last saw that, I couldn't remember it well at all, so didn't know what was going to happen to the girl.

Taped Pelham too, might not get around to seeing it for a while though, unfortunately.
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yay for cipro.

Pelham 123 is a top thriller. With awesome title music.
"This way monkeys, that's right monkeys"
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I didn't watch all of Hitcher due to the fact naxt weeks episode of 24 was being shown on BBC Choice. But I've seen it before so I knew what was going to happen in it, and I know its a good film.

I did however manage to catch The taking of Pelham 1 2 3. Its a good thing you recommended it goatboy, or I would have missed it, I thought it was one of the best thrillers I've seen in ages. Its rare a film manages to be tense and funny at the same time, but Pelham 1 2 3 manages to pull it off with style. A great ending aswell.
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:30
"...Unicef pennies.."
For a channel that prides itself on playing good movies, Not placing the Ad breaks sensibly is a massive oversight. Still, didin't manage to spoil my enjoyment. A quality movie.
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah they didn't think it through too well eh?

Kid in diner, Hitcher leaves him some bullets and...

AD BREAK
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:20
"...Unicef pennies.."
Although, I was less than impressed by Channel four's advertisement break placement.

1. Lad races avay from exploding petrol station. His car is on fire...Cut to a Break! What?

2. Woman gets ripped in two by a juggernaught. What now? Cut to Adverts! pah.
Mon 29/04/02 at 10:17
"...Unicef pennies.."
Watched The Hitcher last night. Really enjoyed it! cheers Goatboy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.