GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting an Xbox this weekend.."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 15:07
Regular
I was going to get it at full price but just can;t afford it, but my mum has kindly agreed to buy me an xbox and 1 game and let me pay her back for the next three weeks. The only problem i have is getting a game that will last me a while and which i can keep coming back too and showing off the power of the xbox (hey i gotta impress some mates! :D ), i have quite a few games in mind but i'm not sure , so its better if i ask the owners, the ones are am considering are

Halo,quite simply it looks a stunner, although a few of you are disappointed i personally think it could take a big chunk of my time up, does it impress?

DOA3 , i rekon this is a game to show off the graphics, but is it really good enough to keep me coming back to it?

Project Gotham Racing - Loos the business, but is the gameplay decent, and how would you rate its longivity?

Any help would be great, cheers!
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:40
"High polygon count"
If you have - or have had - DoA2 on PS2, then I'd forget about DoA3. It's practically no different, and even with large hands, I found ir painful to play on the Xbox controller, and exchanged for Munch's Oddysee.

And that's one of the three I'd recommend - the other two being Halo and PGR.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Touched!"
just another question, i've heard you can play music off the hard drive while playing another game, is this will with all games or just some? if so which ones? cheers
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:21
Regular
To show off multiplayer, get Halo, no question. But obviously you'll need to buy some more pads as there's no bots.

DoA3 wasn't my cup of tea as I'm not a fan of fighty games. Does look bloody fantastic though.

PGR rocks most mightily. Great graphics, great sound, great fun! Can do multiplayer as well.

Amped looks great and will last you a long a time, graphics are good to show off to your mates as well.

If you can, persuade your mum to get you two games, and pick any two of the above 4. That way you'll get the best of all worlds.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:17
DOA3 - can't comment on, a mate of mine has it, loves fighting games and says it's good. Basically nothing new though apart from amazing graphics.

Halo - If you like first person shooters then I can't see how you won't be impressed with this. Fully deserving of the praise it's received and if you're going to be playing with a friend it's DEFINITELY one to consider (Halo features deathmatch, no bots and co-operative modes).

Project Gotham - I love it, bought this first (yes, before Halo!) and it's superb. If you've played/owned Metropolis Street Racer you'll be right at home but also impressed by the improvements.

Personally, I'd probably go for Halo as it really is something special but I also spend many hours on Project Gotham.

Between the two from my point of view.

Hope this helps.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Touched!"
I was going to get it at full price but just can;t afford it, but my mum has kindly agreed to buy me an xbox and 1 game and let me pay her back for the next three weeks. The only problem i have is getting a game that will last me a while and which i can keep coming back too and showing off the power of the xbox (hey i gotta impress some mates! :D ), i have quite a few games in mind but i'm not sure , so its better if i ask the owners, the ones are am considering are

Halo,quite simply it looks a stunner, although a few of you are disappointed i personally think it could take a big chunk of my time up, does it impress?

DOA3 , i rekon this is a game to show off the graphics, but is it really good enough to keep me coming back to it?

Project Gotham Racing - Loos the business, but is the gameplay decent, and how would you rate its longivity?

Any help would be great, cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.