GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting an Xbox this weekend.."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 15:07
Regular
I was going to get it at full price but just can;t afford it, but my mum has kindly agreed to buy me an xbox and 1 game and let me pay her back for the next three weeks. The only problem i have is getting a game that will last me a while and which i can keep coming back too and showing off the power of the xbox (hey i gotta impress some mates! :D ), i have quite a few games in mind but i'm not sure , so its better if i ask the owners, the ones are am considering are

Halo,quite simply it looks a stunner, although a few of you are disappointed i personally think it could take a big chunk of my time up, does it impress?

DOA3 , i rekon this is a game to show off the graphics, but is it really good enough to keep me coming back to it?

Project Gotham Racing - Loos the business, but is the gameplay decent, and how would you rate its longivity?

Any help would be great, cheers!
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Touched!"
cheers for the masses of replies! Everyone says halo is great and i value peoples judgement on here a lot more than any mags or sites, sounds like a great game, i'll certainly make sure its my first game!
Tue 23/04/02 at 20:31
Regular
Halo.
The first game you should buy is Halo.
It's awesome.
The best game I've played for a long time.
FPS aren't my favourite genre either, but Halo is different.
Buy Halo first.
You won't be disappointed.
Tue 23/04/02 at 19:11
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
oh yeah! HALO is a definite must!!!!!!! Im not that fond of FPS but after i played halo it became one of my favourtie games fo all time!!! GET IT!!!!!!!
Tue 23/04/02 at 19:03
I think halo personally as my dad plays on it and thats not like him! lol its a amazing game
Tue 23/04/02 at 17:54
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'd go for halo or project gotham racing..
doa3 is a really good game...but i think it is more for multiplayer than single player.
jsrf is wicked too but if you the sort of person who just wants to finish asap then don't buy it JUST YET.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:31
Regular
I'm buying an Xbox this Friday, and I'm starting off with HALO and JET SET RADIO FUTURE.

"Halo" - played it quite of lot at a mate's and it is as good as the reviews say it is. Intense action and gorgeous graphics.

"JSRF" - one of my favourite games on the Dreamcast was Jet Set Radio, so I can't wait to get my mits on the sequel. For gameplay and style, it can't be beaten.

And then there's "Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller" - I'm counting the days for that beauty!
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:07
Regular
"Touched!"
i thought this would be the peoples choice, i've got medal of honor on the pc and i love it, looks like its halo for starters!, cheers for the help!
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Halo.
Without question.

If you like shooty games, this rules. It is, apart from Medal of Honour on the PC, the best FPS I've played.
Graphics are phenomenal, gameplay is furious and perfect and with multiplayer it can't be beaten.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:41
"High polygon count"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> just another question, i've heard you can play music off the hard
> drive while playing another game, is this will with all games or just
> some? if so which ones? cheers

Only with games which support it.

The only one I have which does is PGR.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:41
It's with quite a few but only about 50%.

Project Gotham does (to great effect) and so does Tony Hawk's 3 - I believe Amped does too.

While we're on the subject, Halo, Obi Wan, Wreckless, JSRF and F1 2002 don't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.