GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"From Nintendo: GameCube Price Drop"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 08:32
Regular
From Nintendo this morning:-

22 April 2002 - Nintendo today announced that it’s ground breaking new console, NINTENDO GAMECUBE, will launch across Europe on May 3rd at a recommended retail price of 199 Euros, and is expected to retail in the UK at £129 UK pounds.

This new price is part of Nintendo’s commitment to offer the consumer an unbeatable proposition. Nintendo plans to bring the NINTENDO GAMECUBE to market at the best possible price so consumers can feel confident they are getting the best deal at launch.

“Europe is a very important market for Nintendo and we are committed to making it a success. On May 3rd we will launch the only dedicated games console, the NINTENDO GAMECUBE, with an excellent software line-up, both for launch and throughout 2002, at a very competitive price. This is a very strong offer for consumers and one that we believe will ensure Nintendo’s success across Europe,” said David Gosen, Managing Director, Nintendo Europe.

Pre-orders for NINTENDO GAMECUBE in Europe are already extremely impressive, in the UK alone over 30,000 people have reserved their NINTENDO GAMECUBE in store. This new price point will continue to drive consumer demand in the run up to launch and the number of pre-orders is expected to reach over 50,000 in the UK.

Nintendo has committed approximately 500,000 units of NINTENDO GAMECUBE to Europe for launch day with a total of 1 million units for the launch period. Day one will also see the most impressive and extensive line-up of software titles ever seen for a console launch, with over 20 software titles available, growing to over 50 titles available by the summer.

Nintendo has already shipped approximately 4 million NINTENDO GAMECUBE hardware to Japan and North America by the end of March 2002.
Wed 24/04/02 at 08:02
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Don't think it matters really!

If Nintendo waited any longer then they might not have had time to sort out the price before launch. This way is better!

Also I can't see the PS2 dropping lower than £150 so Nintendo are still going to be ok!

:)
Wed 24/04/02 at 07:11
Regular
I think that people would still have bought Gamecube BEFORE the price drop...I personally feel that from a business perspective Nintendo should have waited till the inevitable PS2 price drop.
Wed 24/04/02 at 06:27
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Consumer Heaven - with the X-Box price drop and all that...
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:55
Regular
"keep your receipt"
JC your birthday june 8th then? It sucks you have to wait but I'm sure you'll manage it.

-M-
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:30
Depends who you're buying them from. It's as simple as that. Check out SR's prices for a start.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:05
im oer the moon about the price drop but the games are still abit pricey! in the march issue of nintendo mag they said games would be from £35-40 but in mays issue some games are at £44.99 whats goin on?
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:00
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
so if nintendo are setting the price at £129, why are SR selling them at £134?
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:00
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I just hope i remember, i'll be hooked !

One thing is that I will have to got to work on the Saturday (whcih will give my hands and eyes a rest) but at least that's some more money for SSBMelee!
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:57
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Thanks bigman ill look forward to that, yep, thanks :)
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
BIGMAN wrote:
> Don't worry Mircochips, i'll have a break from the GC and come and see
> you ! I'll tell you how good it is and how it will be worth the wait!

Thanks Man, you really are a friend! Sorry about your dog again, I gotta go now. C ya tomorrow at about 8:00/ 9:00. Bye!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.