GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the worst thing you've done when a game annoyed you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 01:03
Regular
I myself dont get annoyed with games, only with people. Well there was only one time i ever got annoyed with a game! it was on Sonic 2 for the Sega Megadrive, i was playing for hours and pretty much completed the game, then on one of the levels i kept dying in the most stupid place until i lost all my lives! i got sooo annoyed that i threw the controller across the room and with no break away cords teh Mega Drive came flying off my unit and broke open on the floor. After that incident i vowed never to get annoyed with a game again.

This is taking it to the extreme but true, I once read that a group of people were having a "friendly" game of counter-strike on a LAN, the person invloved kept dying and couldnt hit a thing, he was also being killed by the same person nearly every round, he eventually got so annoyed that he stood up and knifed the other person who was beating him.

Please post about your gaming tantrums in here, i would love to read some of the stories, and hopefully none of them are as bad as the counter-strike incident.
Sat 20/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
I've never physically abused a game or a console/PC/whatever, but when I get really hissed off with them I start swearing and turn it off. My thinking behind NOT throwing bits of my console or a game around is that I spent money on it, so I don't want to bloody break it! If I get REALLY frustrated, and lose all will to play that game, I pack it up and sell it off.
Sat 20/04/02 at 18:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
RBS.. can u log onto MSN i want to chat to you........
Sat 20/04/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
I remember some game I had on the Amiga annoyed me so much I ended up snapping the disc in half - However I was gutted in the end cause I could never replace it!!
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> RBS.. can u log onto MSN i want to chat to you........

I will now, but it may be a li'l late :-D
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah, it is :-)
Sat 20/04/02 at 21:45
Come on i wana read some more gaming tantrums we all know you're out there, share them with the rest of us.
Sat 20/04/02 at 21:46
On PGR I was on the final bend and the swine porsche boxster spun me out and won grr
Sat 20/04/02 at 21:50
Silent85 wrote:
> On PGR I was on the final bend and the swine porsche boxster spun me
> out and won grr

ill bet that was on a one on one race, they just push anything out of the way its annoying, i was watching my brother do a one on one against the corvette the other day and it kept spining him out, he was getting so annoyed i was laughing my head off, and now hes not playign on his own console it is my console so he knows what will happen if he throws or breaks a controler :P
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:29
Regular
"My head hurts"
On trick style someone banged me out of the way close to the finish line while i was in 1st he pushed me out of the way so i came in last so I............................... Bit the top off the dreamcast controller
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:43
"period drama"
When I was falling to my doom in TR2 I saved it instead of loading a previous game and had to start all over again.
This lead to the controller being throen and my PSX being taken with it - landed stright on my memory card so I couldn't save or load anything.

Oh, the irony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.