GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the worst thing you've done when a game annoyed you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 01:03
Regular
I myself dont get annoyed with games, only with people. Well there was only one time i ever got annoyed with a game! it was on Sonic 2 for the Sega Megadrive, i was playing for hours and pretty much completed the game, then on one of the levels i kept dying in the most stupid place until i lost all my lives! i got sooo annoyed that i threw the controller across the room and with no break away cords teh Mega Drive came flying off my unit and broke open on the floor. After that incident i vowed never to get annoyed with a game again.

This is taking it to the extreme but true, I once read that a group of people were having a "friendly" game of counter-strike on a LAN, the person invloved kept dying and couldnt hit a thing, he was also being killed by the same person nearly every round, he eventually got so annoyed that he stood up and knifed the other person who was beating him.

Please post about your gaming tantrums in here, i would love to read some of the stories, and hopefully none of them are as bad as the counter-strike incident.
Sat 20/04/02 at 13:46
Regular
Wasn't me, but I have seen a video clip of people playing CS at a LAN party and this guy finds a cheater and decides to pick this guys PC up and run out the building with it. He then proceeds to throw it down on the concrete.

Quite amusing to be honest :)
Sat 20/04/02 at 13:49
Regular
"95% organic"
I lost patience namby-pambying around in the early stages of MGS2 and took the dvd out of my ps2, put it back in its box, then took it back to HMV mumbling something about an unwanted gift.

A week later I ended up buying MGS2 again.

I think perhaps I'm a bit too impulsive/indecisive.
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:24
Regular
i once ate my own head when playing an annoying text advanture
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Switch the Computer off and forgot to save the game. Which annoyed me even more.
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:30
i was once annoyed when playing Gran turismo. I was going for the international A license and i was trying the special stage R2 test again and again and i would always miss the pass by 1 second and eventually i punched the T.V as hard as i could. CHRIST it hurt. then an hour later i went back on GT and finally managed to pass the test.
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The computer wasn't doing what I wanted and was running painfully slow. It kept crashing as well, which got me really annoyed, so I smashed the mouse with my bare hand!

Then, more recently, it did the same thing, and I sent my fist flying straight through the main unit. Luckly, I punched it in the space where you can install a CD-RW, so there was nothing there to smahs except for the case.

So, there's a lesson for you. Don't make me angry!
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:42
monkey_man wrote:
> I used to get so annoyed and try to smash joypad wiv stik. They're
> pretty durable. For a joke once, I pretended to grab my mate's
> monitor, but he thought I was serious and had a go at me. It just
> left me confused.
>
> Welcome aboard Noaksy.

Thanks monkey_man feels good to be part of a forum again.

Keep the gaming tantrums coming!
Sat 20/04/02 at 18:03
Regular
"Im Brilliant"
I used get mental when playing super mario world on the snes... Sometimes I just used to be shaking, pulling out my hair, just trying to hit anything near me, and I used to just sware at the screen for about half hour, then i left the room.
Sat 20/04/02 at 18:25
Regular
"That's right!"
I punch the monitor/TV sometimes, and I've thrown my 64 controller down, trying to break it several times. So far it's only had a bit of the paint or whatever it is chipped off, so there's a white mark on it. You'd think with all my strength it would've smashed years ago...
Sat 20/04/02 at 18:26
Regular
"This site is boring"
I couldn't get past the sixth level on Fantasy Zone on the Master System so I went out, murdered a young woman, rolled her up in carpet and dumped her in a shallow grave. I was a bit p1ssed off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.