GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the worst thing you've done when a game annoyed you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 01:03
Regular
I myself dont get annoyed with games, only with people. Well there was only one time i ever got annoyed with a game! it was on Sonic 2 for the Sega Megadrive, i was playing for hours and pretty much completed the game, then on one of the levels i kept dying in the most stupid place until i lost all my lives! i got sooo annoyed that i threw the controller across the room and with no break away cords teh Mega Drive came flying off my unit and broke open on the floor. After that incident i vowed never to get annoyed with a game again.

This is taking it to the extreme but true, I once read that a group of people were having a "friendly" game of counter-strike on a LAN, the person invloved kept dying and couldnt hit a thing, he was also being killed by the same person nearly every round, he eventually got so annoyed that he stood up and knifed the other person who was beating him.

Please post about your gaming tantrums in here, i would love to read some of the stories, and hopefully none of them are as bad as the counter-strike incident.
Sat 20/04/02 at 01:03
I myself dont get annoyed with games, only with people. Well there was only one time i ever got annoyed with a game! it was on Sonic 2 for the Sega Megadrive, i was playing for hours and pretty much completed the game, then on one of the levels i kept dying in the most stupid place until i lost all my lives! i got sooo annoyed that i threw the controller across the room and with no break away cords teh Mega Drive came flying off my unit and broke open on the floor. After that incident i vowed never to get annoyed with a game again.

This is taking it to the extreme but true, I once read that a group of people were having a "friendly" game of counter-strike on a LAN, the person invloved kept dying and couldnt hit a thing, he was also being killed by the same person nearly every round, he eventually got so annoyed that he stood up and knifed the other person who was beating him.

Please post about your gaming tantrums in here, i would love to read some of the stories, and hopefully none of them are as bad as the counter-strike incident.
Sat 20/04/02 at 01:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
Screamed, like a girl. Very loudly. Then blamed my sister and told my mum to take her away for killing Mario.

I was eight. It was my way.
Sat 20/04/02 at 01:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I used to get so annoyed and try to smash joypad wiv stik. They're pretty durable. For a joke once, I pretended to grab my mate's monitor, but he thought I was serious and had a go at me. It just left me confused.

Welcome aboard Noaksy.
Sat 20/04/02 at 01:09
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I've never really got annoyed with a game just some people i know who play them.

I get so annoyed when someone use the same moves over and over again on fighting games. It requires no skill at all to do that and when you complain at them they start saying things like so or you could do it too but i bet they would do the same if it happened to them.
Sat 20/04/02 at 01:10
Regular
"Hmmm....."
er-no wrote:
> Screamed, like a girl. Very loudly. Then blamed my sister and told my
> mum to take her away for killing Mario.
>
> I was eight. It was my way.

---------------

hahaha
That was funny.

And as for me........... eerrrrr........ just probably got in a mood a few times.

When its the game that does my head in its not so bad but the real pain is my mum.

When im playing on a game she'll be saying "oh, whats that there?" "there, there's one of those things" "no, over that way!"

Clearly i know what im doing and she insists on bugging me and telling me of all the things she can see on the screen which i noticed as i passed them minutes before.

gggrrrrr
Sat 20/04/02 at 01:13
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hercules! wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Screamed, like a girl. Very loudly. Then blamed my sister and told
> my
> mum to take her away for killing Mario.
>
> I was eight. It was my way.
>
> ---------------
>
> hahaha
> That was funny.
>
> And as for me........... eerrrrr........ just probably got in a mood a
> few times.
>
> When its the game that does my head in its not so bad but the real
> pain is my mum.
>
> When im playing on a game she'll be saying "oh, whats that
> there?" "there, there's one of those things" "no,
> over that way!"
>
> Clearly i know what im doing and she insists on bugging me and telling
> me of all the things she can see on the screen which i noticed as i
> passed them minutes before.
>
> gggrrrrr

You gotta stop playing Tetris dude. :D

'QUICKLY, THAT L SHAPED ONE!!'
Sat 20/04/02 at 07:16
"Right!!!!!™"
I always get annoyed with Red faction, all i do is slam my pad on the floor and it feels better :D
Sat 20/04/02 at 11:34
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Counting backwards from ten, and then attempting to play Max Payne on the PS2 controller again.

Hehe.
Sat 20/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Are you SURE you want to know what I did when a game annoyed me?
Sat 20/04/02 at 13:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Many games and controllers have gained the ability to fly when I've been playing over the years. Nowadays I tend to go into one with lots of swearing. I dunno if this is just me, but when your going into one about a poxy game, I always hear my Mum's voice from the other room say "well don't play it then". That just gets to me even more !

Worst thing I ever did was with Marble Madness on the NES. After the usual outbursts for a few days I completely lost my rag with the game and tried to drown the damn thing in the bath. Basically I did everything to it that the instruction book said not too.
This didn't stop it working. My last resort was to throw it out my upstairs bedroom window with ideas of it smashing into loads of pieces. Not only did it remain in one piece, but it still worked !!!
This game was like my arch nemesis when I was little. Poxy game.

Anyway, don't even live in that house now and I don't have an upstairs.
;-))

Still remember getting that game though. I actually wanted Gremlins 2. My Uncle had bought some toys from me and instead of giving me some cash, he said about adding extra and picking me up a game. Of course as a little kid who could only get new games on birthdays, christmas, etc, I was really excited and immediately beamed with a big smile at the thought of that Gremlins 2 game being mine.
3 weeks later my Uncle told me he couldn't find Gremlins 2 and handed over that piece of crap Marble Madness. Of course I was polite about it and was even curious about what the game would be like. Bloody thing changed me into a kid version of the bloke from the shining !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.