GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the worst thing you've done when a game annoyed you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 01:03
Regular
I myself dont get annoyed with games, only with people. Well there was only one time i ever got annoyed with a game! it was on Sonic 2 for the Sega Megadrive, i was playing for hours and pretty much completed the game, then on one of the levels i kept dying in the most stupid place until i lost all my lives! i got sooo annoyed that i threw the controller across the room and with no break away cords teh Mega Drive came flying off my unit and broke open on the floor. After that incident i vowed never to get annoyed with a game again.

This is taking it to the extreme but true, I once read that a group of people were having a "friendly" game of counter-strike on a LAN, the person invloved kept dying and couldnt hit a thing, he was also being killed by the same person nearly every round, he eventually got so annoyed that he stood up and knifed the other person who was beating him.

Please post about your gaming tantrums in here, i would love to read some of the stories, and hopefully none of them are as bad as the counter-strike incident.
Sun 21/04/02 at 21:52
I went down the road to my local and shot 57 people dead
Sun 21/04/02 at 20:41
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I forget which game it was, but i got really annoyed with it, smashed
> the joystick repeatedly on the ground until it came to pieces, then
> sat on my bed, bobbing back and forth biting down hard on my fingers
> for about 10 minutes.
>
> I was young, foolish and lacked self control.
>
> now i'm old, foolish, and lack self control. Everything changes,
> everything stays the same :/

gotta love that one hehe, im guessing the bobbing back and forth was wondering WHAT THE HELL u just did that for!
Sun 21/04/02 at 18:41
I was playing the oh so crappy game of MK Mythologies on N64. I walked into a pillar and it crushed me! I placed my fist into the television and had an everlasting scar. And when I try to type with my right hand like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooww dammit!
It hurts.

I'm an idiot.............................................And no change.

P.S. If you were allowed more than 60 characters in one word, my screams of pain would fill the whole page.
Sun 21/04/02 at 18:41
I was playing the oh so crappy game of MK Mythologies on N64. I walked into a pillar and it crushed me! I placed my fist into the television and had an everlasting scar. And when I try to type with my right hand like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooww dammit!
It hurts.

I'm an idiot.............................................And no change.

P.S. If you were allowed more than 60 characters in one word, my screams of pain would fill the whole page.
Sun 21/04/02 at 17:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
er-no wrote:

> You gotta stop playing Tetris dude. :D
>
> 'QUICKLY, THAT L SHAPED ONE!!'

-------------

hahahah

exactly

:)
Sun 21/04/02 at 17:52
"Darkness, always"
I forget which game it was, but i got really annoyed with it, smashed the joystick repeatedly on the ground until it came to pieces, then sat on my bed, bobbing back and forth biting down hard on my fingers for about 10 minutes.

I was young, foolish and lacked self control.

now i'm old, foolish, and lack self control. Everything changes, everything stays the same :/
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:40
I know a computer freak that used a game as a frisbee. Worked. Until it snapped in half!!!! We cant give u his name but His name is d. gripton... no too obvious... Grippo... still obvious... Daniel Gripton. Thats society for u!!!!!
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:29
Regular
I do this a lot, i cry yell at it pull the cart out and fling it across the room, my friend whilst i was there has 1: ripped the solution in 2(he does that so often) 2: Took the game back to the shop 3: and this is funny ripped his door of its hinges.
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:43
"period drama"
When I was falling to my doom in TR2 I saved it instead of loading a previous game and had to start all over again.
This lead to the controller being throen and my PSX being taken with it - landed stright on my memory card so I couldn't save or load anything.

Oh, the irony.
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:29
Regular
"My head hurts"
On trick style someone banged me out of the way close to the finish line while i was in 1st he pushed me out of the way so i came in last so I............................... Bit the top off the dreamcast controller

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.