GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LET'S HOPE THE PRICE OF THE DISCS WILL NOT STAY THE SAME AS THE N64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/10/00 at 23:00
Regular
We are all very pi**ed off about the price of the games on the n64......am i right??? So, if the GC is too survive lets hope the price will not be high, but PS priced. If u feel strongly about this reply to the letter..
Mon 23/10/00 at 02:26
Regular
£30 a game?

This is totally nuts. I was paying £30 for mastersystem games about a million years ago. My (rich) friend was paying out £50 a time at one point for mega drive ones.

A cartridge can't cost that much to make, so even with inflation, increased production costs, technology expense
and anything else you care to pile on top of that, I can draw one conclusion;

The companies know what we will pay, so irrelivent of what it costs them, they'll milk every penny out of us (except the one that'd make it priced to the pound to ensure we all have to wait for our penny change before we get our reciept and leave the shop, only for it to join countless others taking up space in our wallets, then in a pile on our tables, where they stay forever while we consider, but never actually get round to, getting some of those little coin bags from the bank and shifting them, but afraid of looking a fool at the bank. Got away from the point there...). Ah well, fair enough, that's what they're in the industry to do, take as much of our money as they can.

Hence, I predict gamecube prices to start (from release of console and for a couple of months after that) at around £60, before dropping to the £40-£50 mark, then, as technology moves on and looks beond the now passe game cube, new releases at £40, old ones £30 downwards.

And we'll all pay whatever they ask...
Sun 22/10/00 at 13:07
Regular
I say, at a educated guess (?), about £29.99 for a game.

That low enough?
Sun 22/10/00 at 12:44
thankyou SOME ONE UNDERSTANDS my mmessag, thankyou M
Sat 21/10/00 at 17:32
Still N64 games were WAY too expensive. The prices have settled out now I suppose (just got Donkey Kong 64 for £29.99 *big grin*) but can you remember when the N64 first came out? Turok for £69.99!!!!!!! Who the hell in their right monds wants to pay that?

Theres always the possibility that Nintendo might charge extortionate prices when the Game Cube first comes out, even if the discs are cheap to produce. Even back when all companies used cartridges prices were still high, even though they were cheaper to make then (due to mass production) so Nintendo may just be sneaky and charge stupid prices. If a company can milk all it can from its customers It'll certainly do so!

M.
Wed 18/10/00 at 03:38
Regular
Pick up cheap classics from special reserve, buy the new ones from special reserve at good prices.
It works out to be pretty cheap, even next to high street playstation price tags.
Tue 17/10/00 at 14:30
Turok Rage Wars at £9.99 at Dixons or free at Special Reserve? What's that about high priced games?

Anyway the reason why the carts were so expensive was the fact that they were so hard to program for! Now that the new 8cm disks from Nintendo are going to be released soon the price of games will probably drop below the price of GBA games!
Tue 17/10/00 at 13:13
True the N64 games are highly priced, but some are great value, playable games such as Goldeneye or Zelda 64. The problem is a bad game on the N64 still costs the earth...whereas on the playstation bad games are generally cheaper...which means that if you by a bad game your not as annoyed. However theres no middle ground really...if the Game cubes discs are cheap then your going to have alot of thitd party games being developed some good, some bad...just like the playstation.

The solution is to make sure you read unbiased reveiws of games before you by them... thats true of any format be it Gamecube, PS1 or 2, N64 or Dreamcast. And this Discussion Forum is just the place to get such advice.
Mon 16/10/00 at 23:00
We are all very pi**ed off about the price of the games on the n64......am i right??? So, if the GC is too survive lets hope the price will not be high, but PS priced. If u feel strongly about this reply to the letter..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.