GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LET'S HOPE THE PRICE OF THE DISCS WILL NOT STAY THE SAME AS THE N64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/10/00 at 23:00
Regular
We are all very pi**ed off about the price of the games on the n64......am i right??? So, if the GC is too survive lets hope the price will not be high, but PS priced. If u feel strongly about this reply to the letter..
Tue 02/01/01 at 17:49
Regular
Basically, the Gamecube can do everything the PS2 can do, and more. Bump-mapping is a good example.

I hate pre-rendered sequences, they slow down gameplay, and just get in the way in my opinion. They should only be used for the introduction, and the ending, and no more.

The Gamecube can handle pre-rendered sequences, before you ask... : )
Tue 02/01/01 at 14:44
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
This isn't getting mad at you, but that's only texture compression, what about pre-rendered sequences and the actual meshes and code for the game? Textures are large admittedly, but they dont make up the whole game.
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:31
i heard that Gamecube's mini dvd will be easier to load,program,watever u call it than PS2's standard dvd.it should be a lot cheaper.
Although the disc space on the minidvd is only 1.5 gigs (ps2's is 4.7 gigs) gamecube has the s3tc(texture compression tech-it squeezes it to 1/6 of the normal size) hardware to minimize this prob.
if konami is making mgs2 on gamecube with same quality texture,gameplay and ++ as the PS2's,the space taken by texture should be 6 times smaller than PS2's.

Thats what i think. don't get mad at me if i'm wrong 'bout this.
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:32
Regular
And my Aunty Sega, and always room for cousin playstation every now and again.

I am hardly simple, quite complicated, actually.

But anyway, games on the gamecube will not cost as high as the N64 ones, and that is a fact.

IF Nintendo really want to do well with their machine, most games will cost the £29.99 base; with other third parties, which Nintendo have not yet approuched, or vise versa, selling games slightly higher.

If you had bothered to actually find news on the gamecube, (The what?!), you may have found some evidence to back up what I am saying, and you will also realise that you are in the wrong.
Wed 25/10/00 at 03:07
Regular
Ah, poor simple grix, how you love your uncle nintendo...
Tue 24/10/00 at 23:38
Come on people, keep up the good fight
Tue 24/10/00 at 14:34
Regular
Nope. Still very dull.

Nintendo's strategy, if you didn't know, is simple and cheap.

The gamecube will be cheap. It has no bottlenecks. The games will be cheap. Not N64 prices, I.E. £60 at release.

That is why you are dull.
Tue 24/10/00 at 02:39
Regular
You seem to be the slow ones, the point was that while technology has moved on and costs have gone up, the prices are the same.

As my mentor, a truely great man, once said,
Read the words (yes, all of them), and try to imagine what you think they might mean.

Maybe then you will finally be able to complete your quest to understand the true meaning of what these numerous strings of these odd little shapes the rest of us call letters, actually could be.
Mon 23/10/00 at 19:37
Regular
Sexy boy, you are very dull.
Mon 23/10/00 at 15:18
HAHAHA
So you think that the technoogy used in Master System games are as advanced as N64 games???
mmmmm.....
I think that there is a bit of a difference in cost of production there.
Sony are the people trying to rip us off.
£300?? Good one

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.