GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"September 11th and Gaming..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/02 at 21:00
Regular
I reckon this would have made a great GAD attempt, but I just can't be bothered to write a big thing, look up stuff etc. etc...

Well, there's been this big furore about gaming, and there was recently a flight sim announced with something to do with 7/11 and the war on terrorism...but I really don't see the big deal.

Yes, it was a terrible tragedy and thousands lost their lives...but sooner or later, games will be made about it.

This was a HUGE event, and has lots of possiblities for stuff like flight sims, shooters etc.

In World War 2, millions died, the whole WORLD was involved in such bloodshed and now, games based around the events are two to a penny (or some other cliched phrase about there being lots, I dunno, it's late).

If anyone could grab me the name of that aforementioned flying game, I would be greatly appreciative...

Do you guys think it would be morally wrong to develop games based on the WTC incident?
Sun 21/04/02 at 09:32
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I dont care if mystique is fit or is a half evolved monkey! she still makes me laugh and thats all that matters!*falls off chair*
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:34
Mistique what is it with you and monkies I reckon she is a monkey and thats why no-one has seen a pic of her
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:25
Regular
*giggles*
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:21
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I think Wookiee's tagline is relevent here
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:17
Regular
Ooo Spooky.

I like that..."Ooo"

Oooooo

Oooo

Ooooooooo

Ooo
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:13
"High polygon count"
Want to hear something reeeeeaaaaly creepy about the attack on the WTC?

Well, as you know, we always write the date with the day before the month - i.e. today would be 21st April 2002, or 21/4/02, or just 21/4.

The Americans write the month before the day - so today would be April 21st 2002, or 4/21/02, or 4/21.

Applying this to 11th September 2001, here it would be 11/9/01, or just 11/9.

BUT! In America, it was 9/11/01, or just 9/11.

And in America, 911 is the number for the emergency services - many of which were called to the disaster, and many of whom died at the scene.

Just how spooky is that!

-----

This high-quality WookieeMonster post is brought to you today with a completely FREE large portion of sarcasm.
Sat 20/04/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I think films and games for these kind of things are a bit out of order! It was the poor old irish that suffered the blow on the titanic! I even have anncestors that were on that and perished. it was something like my great great great great grandma! It would be alright if it was a bit documentary telling people and informing people about the tradegy but on the box it says "the greatest love story ever told"! Now that really peices me off! with that poncy leonardo dicaprio playing the damsel in distress! same with pearl harbour how can you turn these epic events into mushy kissy love storys!!!!!!!!
Sat 20/04/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I doubt that any games will be made based on September 11th. A film however I reckon is almost certain to be released. Someone will have the guts to make one, loads of people will criticise it, while others will praise it.

The film will be very patriotic, probably show the crashes, then the war in Afganistan and everything.

I'm pretty sure one will be made but not so soon after it.

Sounds wrong don't it though? Cashing in on death I mean...
Sat 20/04/02 at 21:58
"...Unicef pennies.."
RastaBillySkank...

Good point! I totally forgot about that one. thanks for helping out my ailing brain!
Sat 20/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
For Ranier Wolfcastle:

There was one other plane that crashed into a tower, I forget where. It was a teenage boy, I forget his name and his age, he turned up early for one of his flying lessons or something, I forget what, he'd been flying for two years, he took the light-aircraft and flew it into a skyscraper/tower, i forget which and where, leaving a sympathy note for Osama Bon Laden. I forget whetehr or not he killed anyone.

God, my memories terrible at the moment...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.