GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Bill?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/02 at 02:00
Regular
Why does everyone pick on Bill Gates, he has done heaps for the modern world, he founded Microsoft and gave people one of the best operating systems ever to be used freely. His company has created some great games like Midtown Madness, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't all have the easy PC gaming systems we have today.

So why does everyone appear to pick on him?

(Note: This isn't meant as an offence, particularly to people who think well of him, so please don't hate me!!!)

Ice Raider
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:30
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ice Raider, thanks for just copying all of Brew and my conversation and adding absolutely nothing to the argument. At least try and add some comments next time.

Thanks for nothing :(
Thu 02/05/02 at 10:31
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Er.........he did, he gave three big THANKYOU!!!s, but they were admittedly hidden in the depths of the post.
Thu 02/05/02 at 11:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You mean those 3 whole words which add nothing to the discussion. Actually thats a bit like this post only shorter.
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ah, sorry missed that, it was so well hidden and thought it was part of our argument.....oops.

Still he managed to get his word count up by using our words, good on you Ice Raider!
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Yus. :)
Fri 03/05/02 at 00:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
And Ice Raider still hasn't come back with a decent argument! God how boring......come on IR, please give us something to argue with Brew and I are getting really bored!
Fri 03/05/02 at 14:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't think IR expected his topic to get so much replies and spark such a lengthy discussion.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:05
Regular
"simpsons rule"
cipro wrote:
> Why do people pick on Bill Gates? because of windows. How many times
> have you played a game only to be confronted with a 'This program has
> peformed an illegal operation' messege half way through. You then have
> to exit losing all progress you have just completed.
>
> A few months ago this happened to me, but on a wider scale. My whole
> system locked up and I couldn't get onto windows. The only thing on
> the monitor was the facewall, no icons, no toolbar, nothing. The only
> way to fix this was to restart the whole computer, meaning a full
> reinstall of all software.
>
> The reinstall worked but at the cost of all my sved games and work
> which had to be started again from scratch. Needless to say I was damn
> peed off that a years worth of work had to be destroyed just to get
> back to normal windows.
>
> Thats given me enough reason to pick on BG and his bug ridden
> software.

that has happend to me before so i think soe people have a good reason to pick on him :D
Mon 06/05/02 at 07:34
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Well, I suppose we all pick on him because we think he is a nerd. If it wasn't for him, this site propally wouldn't exist. Neither would most computers today!
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
But Bill Gates didn't invent computers, just an easier to use software application. We probably would have computers if there was no BG, but we'd be running them in dos all the time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.