GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Bill?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/02 at 02:00
Regular
Why does everyone pick on Bill Gates, he has done heaps for the modern world, he founded Microsoft and gave people one of the best operating systems ever to be used freely. His company has created some great games like Midtown Madness, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't all have the easy PC gaming systems we have today.

So why does everyone appear to pick on him?

(Note: This isn't meant as an offence, particularly to people who think well of him, so please don't hate me!!!)

Ice Raider
Fri 17/05/02 at 11:51
"High polygon count"
Jive wrote:
> LOL Wookiee, yeah very good, funnily enough that went over the heads
> of most people here...

Indeed. Some very short people in the forums - a lot of stuff goes over their heads!

> I don't know who this bloke is but he must
> be one of the most wanted men in Britain! ;D

It's my mission in life to track him down. Must be a hefty reward.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Poor sod - I'd like to know what the hell he did.

LOL Wookiee, yeah very good, funnily enough that went over the heads of most people here.....oh and by the way, we've got the same signs down here in Southampton....I don't know who this bloke is but he must be one of the most wanted men in Britain! ;D
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:50
because he gets picked on he sits on his money all day 10p to make a xp cd but to u and me it costs £100 do u see now
Wed 15/05/02 at 12:30
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Nah, Microsoft keyboards are amazing. And the joysticks. Otherwise pretty much dot on though.
Wed 15/05/02 at 12:29
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Nah, Microsoft are amazing. And the joysticks. Otherwise pretty much dot on though.
Wed 15/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
1. He is the richest man on earth.

2. He is an evil money grabbing ruthless bussinessman

3. He only got where he is today because his crap DOS system was working before IBM's other development was. And it was ready to co-incide with the launch of the first PC

4. He is a dropout - he didn't graduate from high school

5. He tries to portray a relaxed image when (see point 2)

6. He is probably the only man in the world that could bring the world to its knees economically, by crashing every windows based machine.

7. He blatently is trying to take over the world, next thing we will know our bedside table will have computers int hem to display the book we are reading!!!!

8. I don't like him.

9. His products are shabby at best.

10. He has 37.5 billion dollars to his name.

11. Rather than develop something, he tries to buy out someone who does it already (Ninty)

12. He is the root of all evil.

13. He can fix everything with money (see news story here)
Wed 15/05/02 at 11:45
"High polygon count"
You think Gates has it bad? What about Posters?

I was in London at the weekend, and almost every shop window and advertising hoarding had a notice on it, stating that "Bill Posters Will Be Prosecuted".

Poor sod - I'd like to know what the hell he did.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ah I think you misunderstood me, how about just running the computer in DOS, forget about Windows completely for the moment.
Wed 08/05/02 at 13:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The great thing about DOS is when you accidently hit the windows key, the game your playing doesn't minimise and screw up.
Wed 08/05/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cipro wrote:
>but we'd be running them in dos all the time.

At least they'd be running a stable platform ;D when was the last time you ever heard of anyone complaining about DOS crashing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.