GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which should i buy X-BOX or PS2??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/02 at 00:43
Regular
my b/f wants the x-box for betta graphics but i think i prefere the ps2 cos of the games and looks of it.

what u think?
Mon 21/10/02 at 00:19
Regular
ZooCube's supposed to be quite good, and Blood Wake's multiformat, isn't it?

Anyway, all three consoles have a huge number of quality games coming out, but accepting that is all about accepting others' opinions. So, can't we all just.. get along?
Sun 20/10/02 at 19:46
"High polygon count"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I don't wnat to get into an argument but just cause someting sells
> well doesn't make it good quality, are you trying to tell me that
> Simpsons Wrestling and 90% of Fifa games are good cause they sell
> well?

No, of course not - like I said, every machine has its bad games. But Simpson's games sell well because people love the Simpsons - it's a strong brand.

As for FIFA, it doesn't sell as well as it did. Once it was the standard in football games, but it has been surpassed. People still buy it though, because it remains the only football game with full licenses - so you can have the official leagues, cups, team and player names. It also has by far the best presentation. In general, the FIFA games are excellent all round. The weakness has been the very arcade-like style of gameplay, but that is being addressed.

And finally, I think it is wrong to attribute these 'poor' games in general to PS2, as they are also available on other platforms.

Apart from that - Blood Wake (Xbox) and Zoocube (Gamecube). PS2 isn't the only platform with exclusive tat!
Sun 20/10/02 at 18:28
Regular
Xbox and the Gamecube are the way into the future of gaming!

The potential of both consoles is huge.
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:54
Regular
I don't wnat to get into an argument but just cause someting sells well doesn't make it good quality, are you trying to tell me that Simpsons Wrestling and 90% of Fifa games are good cause they sell well?
Sun 20/10/02 at 16:59
"High polygon count"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> okay PS2 has a lot of games already out but are they really of that high
> standard?

No, of course not. That's why it's sold millions, and still outsells everything else. What can I say - people all over the world are stupid, and just like wasting their money on crap games.

Anyway, in answer to the initial question: personally I would advise getting both machines. And a Gamecube. Because they are all set to have their own exclusive ranges of quality titles, and only an idiot would miss out on any of them.

If you are genuinely a fan of videogames, then there is no option but to own all three systems - and a decent PC too. They all have their upsides, and they all have their downsides. But most importantly, they all have a lot of good games and a lot of bad games. To miss out on any of the good games is shooting yourself in the foot, and no self-respecting gamer would do that. Only biased fanboys who wear blinkers and can't see past the end of their nose.
Sun 20/10/02 at 16:55
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> *getting very bored of the Gamecube's better than Xbox or vice versa
> arguments*
>
> Why don't we all gang up on the Sony forum? :D

Tell me what time you're planning this 'raid' so I can get some larfs :>>

While you're in there, tell them that graphics and sound quality are MORE important than gameplay...;)
Sun 20/10/02 at 16:47
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Get an Xbox and while you're at it spit on Bill Gates for me please.
> Can't see why anyone in their right mind would buy a PS2 over an Xbox,
> take a look at the release lists, then take a look at the graphics,
> then take a look at the controller.....okay maybe not the controller.
> The Xbox no matter what way you look at it is the better console, okay
> PS2 has a lot of games already out but are they really of that high
> standard? the majority of good PS2 games will be converted to Xbox in
> the future with better graphics and new features.
>
> The Xbox has a lot better future than the PS2, Xbox is only just
> getting started while PS2 is yesterdays news. PS2 may be selling more
> but when you look at the consoles gameswise there's really no
> contest.
>
> I think I need to sit down, I just did a pro Xbox post, my God it must
> have been something I ate.
>
> *Please note these comments are coming from a Ninty.*

*Too much sugar on your weetabix.*
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I'm sure other people will think so - afterall its all in here for people to see.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Yeah but as I said - your opinion is very contradictive. Anyway, if
> you wanna leave it - arguement ends here.
I don't think it is contradictive.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but as I said - your opinion is very contradictive. Anyway, if you wanna leave it - arguement ends here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.