GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which came first the chicken or the egg?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 21:49
Regular
I am going to answer one of todays questions that has plagued philosophers for centuries:
WHICH CAME FIRST THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

to find out could everyone give me an answer of either chicken or egg and i will tell what got higher!
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:49
I am going to answer one of todays questions that has plagued philosophers for centuries:
WHICH CAME FIRST THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

to find out could everyone give me an answer of either chicken or egg and i will tell what got higher!
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
So really, we are answering the question for you, and it won't be the answer, because it will only show the higher percentage.
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Hmmm....."
You tell me!

:P
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:59
Regular
The Eggy Chicken
Thu 18/04/02 at 22:08
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The chicken, as the chicked would have evolved from lower lifeforms, then it would have evolved the ability to create the egg, thus making the chicken come first.
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:07
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i'd have to say the chicken, but that's not based on scientific fact.
Fri 19/04/02 at 00:28
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Tóm wrote:
> The chicken, as the chicked would have evolved from lower lifeforms,
> then it would have evolved the ability to create the egg, thus making
> the chicken come first.

You're basically right. Chickens (or at least the creatures they evolved from) will have, at some point, had either an internal gestation like humans do, or simply divided to reproduce. In the case of the division method, this will have changed over a period of time so that the new duplicate version of the organism was produced internally and released upon completion (basically it's internal gestation again).

Further down the evolutionary road the creatures 'womb' (or equivalent) will become more and more independant of the rest of the creatures body until, eventually, it does all it's stuff without interference. Everything that will be needed to complete the new life form will be available within the womb directly, without the need to feed off of the parents body's own resources. As we continue along the time line a protective shield (or 'shell') will begin to develop in place of the 'womb wall' so that the gestation can be completed away from the parent without any help other than protection from the surroundings. Thus removing the necessity for the creature to bear it's young throughout it's creation.

Chickens came first and developed the ability to reproduce by laying eggs for and external gestation period, or to put it another way, stick their wombs in a box and let them fend for themselves.
Fri 19/04/02 at 00:33
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
And if you're wondering why I'm writing rubbish like this at this time, I've been to see The One tonight and haven't been home for long.

For anyone interested, it's a fairly decent film. I found it disappointing in a way - it should have been a lot better since I thought the basic premise of the film was very good.
Fri 19/04/02 at 10:36
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Aaargh! This question drives me insane. It's so obvious that there can be only one answer that it really bugs me that people still ask this.

IT'S THE EGG. The egg came first, otherwise where did the bloody chicken come from? Chickens come from eggs, so the egg came before the chicken. It's just so simple...
Fri 19/04/02 at 10:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
Its simple they were both created at exactly the same split second.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.