GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When the master returns..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 19:16
Regular
....how will it be improved enough to be classed as a true Sequel?

*All reader’s faces look blank*

I mean the new Pro Evo that will be released later this year…not the new ISS.

Anyway, to my point. Pro Evo Soccer is widely regarded as the best and most realistic football game out there and the series has been since it was first out. But Pro Evo was hailed as the game that is the closest thing we will ever really get to real football on a console, everyone said that, even me. So if this is so, how will Pro Evo 2 be able to reach much higher heights? Going by what has been said about Pro Evo it would seem that this is impossible, sure the game can be improved upon, all the usuals, graphics, sounds, the dire menus and so on, but these are hardly big things are they. For a true sequel to be much better it needs to take the game to new heights, not stepping up a little.

Pro Evo already has a superb game engine in it, you cant really fault that *unless you’re a Fifa player and you think its too slow for you* so there isn’t going to be much change with that in the new game. So this got me thinking… if this is the case, and Pro Evo 2 does a Fifa act on us will we all think its Konami cashing in and not doing there job as it seems that there isn’t much new?

For me, it’s a strange one, I cant wait for a new version of my favourite game of all time on PS2, any improvements on the game over Pro Evo would really come as a good thing, but I cant see them being able to do all that much to it, meaning that there wont be much difference to it than the previous version. So in the end, it might not be a worthy purchase.

Of course it will still sell many games though, the name Pro Evo will sell many copies anyway, and ill probably buy the game anyway if its only a little improved over Pro Evo, but that’s just me.

But my question is, if it does come out, and there isn’t much they have done to improve the game on a big scale like so many people expect…will the game be a failure from a gamers point of view…not a sales point of view?
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:06
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
oasismark wrote:
> The only way Pro Evo can be improved is to get full licencing for all
> the English leagues. (don't care about forein leagues). I too have
> seen the patch that changes iss2 into THE premier league, and there is
> a world cup patch out too. It just adds to the enjoyment of the game.
> I hate the comentary on Pro Evo (as does everyone) but it's even more
> anoying to hear stupid players names, like butatista. I've sold him as
> i can't stand the comentator saying his stupid name.
>
> If some one had edited pro evo and put prem league in as they have
> with iss2, i would consider chipping my ps2, to play it. (well i don't
> know about that really) my piont is i would LOVE to play in the
> english league. Inagine starting in Div 3 and working up through the
> leagues, so you could play the likes of Man Utd AT Old Trafford.
> There's also promotion, relegation, F.A cup. promotion play offs.
> Basically what i'm saying is the full english season with pro evo as
> the match engine.
>
> AH-HA, though of another thing that would improve it, REPLAYS. Being
> able to stop the game at ANY time and reply the last 30 seconds or
> whatever. Between us pro evo fans, how many amazing moments have we
> seen that aren't goals, but can't show anyone, coz it only replays
> goals.
>
> Anyway that's my rant, any thoughts.

How about the highlights of a tournament being played when you win the cup (or lose).......I can't be arsed to watch the highlights at the end of each game but I think it'd be cool if you could see them/your progress at the end of the tourny....
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Aye!"
Asterix2 wrote:
> yea

yes indeed it does
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
Bluegoblin wrote:
> half life rules
yea
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:34
Regular
"Aye!"
huh?
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
The only way Pro Evo can be improved is to get full licencing for all the English leagues. (don't care about forein leagues). I too have seen the patch that changes iss2 into THE premier league, and there is a world cup patch out too. It just adds to the enjoyment of the game. I hate the comentary on Pro Evo (as does everyone) but it's even more anoying to hear stupid players names, like butatista. I've sold him as i can't stand the comentator saying his stupid name.

If some one had edited pro evo and put prem league in as they have with iss2, i would consider chipping my ps2, to play it. (well i don't know about that really) my piont is i would LOVE to play in the english league. Inagine starting in Div 3 and working up through the leagues, so you could play the likes of Man Utd AT Old Trafford. There's also promotion, relegation, F.A cup. promotion play offs. Basically what i'm saying is the full english season with pro evo as the match engine.

AH-HA, though of another thing that would improve it, REPLAYS. Being able to stop the game at ANY time and reply the last 30 seconds or whatever. Between us pro evo fans, how many amazing moments have we seen that aren't goals, but can't show anyone, coz it only replays goals.

Anyway that's my rant, any thoughts.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:51
Regular
"Aye!"
mothballed wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> you'll be at the front of the queue for PES2. ;-)

half life rules
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:36
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Just wanted to add that if you had a chipped PS1 and ISSPE2, you could download patches from the net to change the teams and players available in the game. Anyone think it would be a good idea to utilise the elusive PS2 HD & usb port to allow us to expand PES legally?
Then when the World cup starts we could download the exact teams, latest stats etc.....hmmmmm football.

Oh. Respec. Pro Evo ;•)
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:14
Shouldn't that be 'legs its, kicks ball in exactly the same spot as last time, and scores'? ;-)
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
You better run faster than that chump!
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Touched!"
bah PES2? gimmie fifa any day! *legs it

(this was a joke, fifa is crap :D )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.