GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Staind(my fave) and other wicked rock/metal bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 21:54
Regular
Who are the most amazing Rock'Metal bands of the year. Who should be at this years Ozzfest, New comers that have to be known, tell everyone about your fave band and see if they becomes famous.
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:14
Hey sibs, dont forget that hundred reasons are a british band. and they certainly do rule.
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:06
"...Unicef pennies.."
Sibs wrote:
> Is the guy from Staind a manic depressant?

lol @ possibly intentional gramatical error!
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oops, neglected to name AKO... because they are blummin awesome!!!
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Is the guy from Staind a manic depressant?

Well... I say everyone should stop listening to American bands and support some of the great UK bands!!! Actually, don't STOP listening to US bands, just make sure they're not all you listen to! Capdown, Five Knuckle, Travis Cut, Nerve, Snuff, Tribute to Nothing, Dog Toffee, Consumed and MANY MANY more great UK bands are out there, but most people seem to obsessed with the latest American success story.
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:25
"Uzi Lover"
Nope, as far as I know the 'Bored' video and album version are exactly the same. So your mate...he is a bit dodgy no? Are you sure it's Deftones? ;-)

What is different about that version?

Did you know that when Deftones were recording, 'Bored' came out of nowhere in Stef's words, he also says that they wrote it in about half an hour.

On to Incubus...Around the 'Fungus Amongous' time they were THE funk band. Not a fan of funk myself but they managed to blend it all in with their latest albums. Each one has been so diffrent, it's nice how they have done that.

My friend once told me he thought Incubus were 'basic rock'. I don't think so, it is far from basic.

'Make Yourself' & 'Morning View' are my favourite albums. It's only lately that Incubus have become so much better live then they were around the era of their last album. A fantastic exprience.
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:02
"...Unicef pennies.."
Incubus are fantastic.

They have an excellent range of styles, from their funk/nu metalish beginings on Fungus Amongus and S.C.I.E.N.C.E, to their more melodic rock sounds off Morning View, and it's all really quality stuff. Fantastic.

And I agree that hundred reasons deserve to have a lot of sucess. I've seen tham live a couple of times and they've been great! loads of energy. I'm looking forward to the release of their album, the singles so far have been pretty good.
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Going back to Bored by Deftones, is it just me or is the version on the CD different to the one you hear on TV with the video!???

I borrowed Adrenaline from a mate a while back, mainly because of all the good comments on it and because of 'Bored'. But I found that only one or two parts of the CD track I heard were similar to the one on TV.

Well, it was a copied CD, and he may have got the songs off the net - meaning he may have got an ALTERNATIVE version of one of my favourite Deftones songs.

Can you help me????
Fri 19/04/02 at 21:05
Regular
I would have to say my Fav band is Blink 182 their Take Off Your Pants and Jacket was well good i'll never get bored of listening to that album as there is not 1 bad song on it i also like NickleBack aswell their album is pretty good.
Fri 19/04/02 at 18:03
"Uzi Lover"
Radiohead wrote:
i would have to say imo that white pony is there best album.

All tastes differ...'White Pony' seems very concentrated on and it sounds great, I love it. Chino is someone with a powerful voice and a powerful scream he suits less emo music more...going hardcore is the right way. Not only can the guy shout but he is also an ace singer...listen to the acoustic version of 'Be Quiet & Drive' by Chino & Jonah (of Far) and you will see what a beautiful voice he has.

I wish that I could scream like him and then again I wish I could sing like Jonah. You got to listen to that guy. Far rock.
Fri 19/04/02 at 17:54
My personal favourite song by deftones is pink maggit. it has everything u need to a song. and even tho yes adrenaline is a great album, i would have to say imo that white pony is there best album.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.