GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Staind(my fave) and other wicked rock/metal bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 21:54
Regular
Who are the most amazing Rock'Metal bands of the year. Who should be at this years Ozzfest, New comers that have to be known, tell everyone about your fave band and see if they becomes famous.
Sun 28/04/02 at 22:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
brad@specialreserve wrote:
> Ive only heard Ska Wars and one other. neither of which I was keen on.
> My mates have told me they are amazing live though and I will fall in
> love with them :)
>
> I saw the same tour as you then, the metal hammer one. I missed TTN as
> I was tired and went home to bed. hehe

Ska wars isn't really very representitive of them cos it's very ska orientated... most of their songs are very Hardcore with Ska and reggae touches. Ska Wars is one of their most ska orinetated songs...

And yes, they are amazing live! Jake (their vocalist) had a bad throat when I saw them, so it almost got cancelled, but they came anyway, didn't want to let down the fans. And they were awesome!

Also, did you get a free Goodie bag at the Metal Hammer- TTN, Dog Toffee, thisGIRL tour?
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, my mate did give me a copied CD, and yes, i'm sure it's Deftones!
Some parts of Bored are recognisable, but others are not.

And yes, Incubus rule! 'Pardon Me' is by far their greatest song, and they are not related to Hoobastank - another top band!

And as for the Brittish bands, anyone heard of Halo??? No, not the game!
I heard them on MTV2 a while ago, and they're apparently from somewhere near where I live. I didn't think they were that bad actually, but for me, it's hard to describe them.
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:44
Ive only heard Ska Wars and one other. neither of which I was keen on. My mates have told me they are amazing live though and I will fall in love with them :)

I saw the same tour as you then, the metal hammer one. I missed TTN as I was tired and went home to bed. hehe
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
brad@specialreserve wrote:
> to US bands, just make sure they're not all you listen to! Capdown,
> Five Knuckle, Travis Cut, Nerve, Snuff, Tribute to Nothing, Dog
> Toffee, Consumed and MANY MANY more great UK bands are out there,
>
> Going to see Capdown tomorrow (Even though I hate Ska Punk).
> Dog Toffee Sucked when I saw them.
> Check out thisGIRL, they rock.

Yeah, but have you heard any Capdown songs off their CDs? They're hardly you average Ska punk band... mix Ska and Reggae with Hardcore, and they rocked when I saw em on Monday!!! Dog Toffee were good when I saw em, but it was a tiny venue :D I saw thisGIRL supporting Dog Toffee and Tribute To nothing... TTN were the best!
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:58
Saw them in London, Brixton Acadamy I think it was.
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:51
"...Unicef pennies.."
Where did you see Hundred reasons and Incubus?

I saw them in Manchester, and i thought that Hundred Reasons weren't too bad!
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:45
No when they supported Incubus.

They really were poor. Maybe they had a bad set up or something. But I really didnt enjoy them at all (And neither did the people I was with)

Its not because I dont like the band, as the songs I have heard off the album are quite cool.
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:43
> to US bands, just make sure they're not all you listen to! Capdown,
> Five Knuckle, Travis Cut, Nerve, Snuff, Tribute to Nothing, Dog
> Toffee, Consumed and MANY MANY more great UK bands are out there,

Going to see Capdown tomorrow (Even though I hate Ska Punk).
Dog Toffee Sucked when I saw them.
Check out thisGIRL, they rock.
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:43
how can u say they are the worst live band uve ever seen? and did u see them supporting muse?
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:41
Hundred Reasons. Certainly the worst live band I've ever seen.

After the gig Mr Afro front man was handing out flyers to people, he asked one of my friends what she thought of Hundred Reasons. She replied "They were terrible, worst live band ever", She didn't realise he was a member of the band. Oh how I laughed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.