GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Staind(my fave) and other wicked rock/metal bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 21:54
Regular
Who are the most amazing Rock'Metal bands of the year. Who should be at this years Ozzfest, New comers that have to be known, tell everyone about your fave band and see if they becomes famous.
Tue 16/04/02 at 21:54
Who are the most amazing Rock'Metal bands of the year. Who should be at this years Ozzfest, New comers that have to be known, tell everyone about your fave band and see if they becomes famous.
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't want my favopurite bands to become favourite!! That just fecks 'em up - like Limp Bizkit!

But the following are brilliant:
Ill Nino
Taproot
Disturbed
Deftones
Staind
Incubus
Hoobastank
American Hi-Fi

and there are several others that don't deserve to fall into the death trap that is 'Pop Music'!
Actually, I think Ill Nino are playing at Ozzfest this year.
And I know that not ALL these bands are 'metal'.
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:26
Deftones rule. cant wait till new album this year. a decent band are hundred reasons. saw em live last year supporting muse. new album out may. there gonna be huge.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've heard a few Hundred Reasons songs, but I don't really like them that much. And I too also cannot wait for the Deftones new album!!
Have you heard that the titles called 'Love' or something apparently?
Thu 18/04/02 at 18:50
cool. dont spose u know when there new album is coming out?
Thu 18/04/02 at 18:57
"Uzi Lover"
The new Deftones album is titled 'Lovers' and is a more hardcore alubm. 'White Pony' was very emo compared to 'Around The Fur' and 'Adrenaline'. Deftones wanted to go back to their roots, Adrenaline being quite a hardcore style record, and the album is being made in their own home studio.

Deftones having a more 'hardcore' album to me is a good thing ina way and a bad thing. The good thing is that I have been listening to many hardcore bands lately such as Poison The Well, Snapcase & Will Haven and I really like the scene. The thing is, Deftones will fit perfectly into this scene as they have heart...as proved in 'White Pony', 'Be Quiet & Drive' and a few tracks off of 'Adrenaline'. The bad thing being that they may suit it towards the nu-metal crowd which may make the whole thing cheesy.

But being a fan I have faith in them and I hope they return to the 'Adrenaline' style that they started with. It was not only very heavy but it also had meaning and two tracks were very emo. It just goes to show how great the Deftones are doing such a variety of styles.

This is their last album though, I just have that feeling...

The new Hundred Reasons album is out in May I think...not quite sure though.
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:00
"Uzi Lover"
Ohhhh I see you meant the new Deftones album...its going to be realeased Autumn/Winter time.
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:12
Nice one monkey_with_attitude. Frankly, im not sure whether them going back to more hardcore roots is a good idea. I mean yea, adrenaline and around the fur were truly great albums, but i personally thought that white pony was the perfect album. Thats why i was hoping this next album would be more like that. but nevermind, im sure whatever they come up with it will be brilliant. i also agree with you in hoping they dont start sounding like a nu metal band, cos that would suck. back to school (mini maggit) was a little to nu metalish for my likeing, and it was nowhere near as good as pink maggit. but still we'll have to see.

and dammit, autumn/winter is so far away. oh well.
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:25
"Uzi Lover"
I actually started listening to 'White Pony' before I listened to any of the other stuff and for the majority of the time it was my favourite album by them. But as i listened more I released i much prefered 'Adrenaline'. I could listen to each song on 'White Pony' 24/7 but now I couldn't as much. Its wierd. I still love them all though.

'Back To Schoo'l WAS very Nu...shame. I heard the band said it was their least favourite song and I think it is for many other people. They even realeased that Mini-Alubm thing for 'Back To School' which was poo. Just a couple of live tracks (not up to their standard) and the dreaded 'Back To School' itself. Deftones are known by that song though...it's sad. 'Feitceria' is the track they love playing live most and boy do they do it well :-)

I'll be getting that album straight away when it comes out...review will be posted ASAP. Reviewing makes me listen, listening makes me like.
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes, they need to get Bored again!!
Just like on Adrenaline - undoubtabely their greatest album to date!
But seriously, it can never be beaten.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.