GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Owen New England Captain"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 13:17
Regular
Well.. there you go.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Of course, I meant 23-man squad!
But I still feel Eriksson would easily be able to fill a 32-man squad with talent capable of easily bringing the World Cup back to England - while he runs off back to Sweden with his money!
Fri 19/04/02 at 23:19
Regular
Solskjær wrote:

> Owen Hargreaves and Joe Cole - ones for the future!
> And I also believe that they both must be in the 32-man squad this
> summer!!

Heh.
Fri 19/04/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I still don't believe than non-central midfielders/defenders should be the first-choice captains, but by looking at how Owen and Beckham influence the team with their style of play, you also have to consider Hargreaves and Joe Cole as future captains!

They're both brilliant to watch on the ball, and also usually seem to keep a cool head during the game. They're very confident, not very loud, and with all those tricks and flicks on the pitch, i'm sure all the 10 men around them would be inspired to win any game!

Owen Hargreaves and Joe Cole - ones for the future!
And I also believe that they both must be in the 32-man squad this summer!!
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:47
I think that owen is not the right man for the captains armband YET. I stress yet because I fill that he can become better but at the moment I don't think he is inspirational enough but it is nice to see such a young player getting the armband. The two peoople I would have chose ahead of Owen last night are Gerrard or Keown but the problem with Keown is thyat you never know if he is going to be in the squad or not.
Thu 18/04/02 at 18:28
Regular
Depends how influential the keeper is really.

Mans like Schmeichel have great influence of other players and he always had a right go at any defender in front of him that makes mistakes.
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:26
"High polygon count"
I don't believe strikers or goalkeepers should captain a team, personally.

A striker usually has his back to most of the play, and a 'keeper is pretty much rooted at the back.

Defenders or midfielders are the better choice, I think.
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Owen will make a good captain due to the influence he has on other plays in the way he plays - like Beckham really.
Both aren't players like Keane who will run around screaming their heads off or anything, they will take things into their own hands and control the game with nice passes and clever but influential play.

Could this be the future of a good captain!??
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
reynolds123 wrote:
> owen certanly got off to a good start to being the england captain by
> scoring the first goal for england i think he would make a good
> captain

Yes indeed.

And can I just say how jolly nice it was of Paraguay to score the other three for us!
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
Seems obvious now that Owen's captaincy was purely to sell tickets to the Scousers.

He was taken off at half time, and the captaincy went to Seaman!
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:15
Regular
"simpsons rule"
owen certanly got off to a good start to being the england captain by scoring the first goal for england i think he would make a good captain

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.