GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fight for the million"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 18:46
Regular

All of that effortless training is about to take it's toll with nine men after the million pound jackpot for survival.
*hmm, this sounds familiar*

Everyone lines up outside the G5 Grid, with a big shiny door behind them, they close their eyes, and hear these words, "You brought yourself into this, so don't blame me if you're the first to die! It isn't about money, friendship or prizes. You're all about to face the border between life and nonlife, without any Creme Eggs or bogies to munch on, without any Coca Cola or saliva to slurp on, and the one who is left alive at the very end will be the . . err. . .erm. . .damn! I hate it when you forget what you were saying. erm. . . Survivor, yeah, that's right." All the competitors, Microchips, Joe, Liquid S, Pringle, Ashman Bigman, JC, Ice Blaster and Badgerman look up, towards Twain, as he continues, "Now, you will all go in one by one, at three minute intervals, with nothing except yourself. Get a weapon, and a good vantage point. You will then hear a buzzer. Then, and only then, will you be allowed to start. It's all up to you from there. Any questions, guys?"
There is a long silence, and slowly, quietly, and embarrassed being the only one with a question, Microchips raises his hand. Twain sighs.
"This isn't school, y'know. Just ask the question as soon as you get it. Don't bother raising your hand."
"Oh . . .err. . ." Microchips quickly withdraws his hand from the air. "Is there a bog in there?"
"No."
"Damn!" Is there one which I can use before I go in?"
Twain doesn't say a word, but points to a door to his right.
"Thank you," says Microchips.
"Does anybody else have a question?" Says Twain, turning back towards the rest of the bunch. "No?" There is another long silence. The door to Twain's right unlocks, and Microchips pokes his head around the door. "There's no bog roll!" He says.
"Oh. . .just. . .use your sleeve!" Says Ice Blaster, getting agitated from all the waiting.
"Hey, quiet you!" Says Twain. "Just use your sleeve!"
"Okay!" After a few minute, Microchips emerges from the very small room.
"Are you quite finished?" Says Twain.
"Not yet," Microchips replies.
Twain sighs. "What now then?"
Microchips says nothing. He turns towards the door to the toilet and lets one rip. "Ahh, that's better!"
"Okay, Microchips. You'd better go in first before we have any more hold-ups."
Microchips enters and runs towards the nearest weapon, a Falcon 2, and ten runs into a small hidey hole just below the stairs and waits.

One by one, each person enters, with three minutes between each. As the last one enters, the whole Grid remains silent. Three minutes later, the buzzer sounds. . .
Sat 27/04/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Great post there Twain, I do like a good ol' aliance now and then.

Twain, do you have msn?

Microchips
Sat 27/04/02 at 10:19
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would've posted this yesterday, because I wasn't at the ATC yesterday. But another problem crept up, so here it is.

Pringle starts to wander around the Grid, keeping his aim and studying every corner for anyone who might be awaiting him.

After a long while of searching every nook and cranny, he stumbles across Badgerman, who hastily takes aim.
"Wait. Don't shoot!" Pringle begs. "Don't kill me and I won't kill you."
"If I killed you, you wouldn't be able to kill me, you moron!" Says Badgerman, chuckling.
"Oh yeah!" Pringle thinks about it for a while. "But hey, two guns are better than one, right? We could. . ."
"Right!" Badgerman interrupts him and pulls out a Falcon 2 with his left hand, while holding another Falcon 2 in his right hand, and takes aim.
"No, wait! I meant, can't we work together, please?"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
Pleeeeaaaaase!"
"No."
"Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!"
"No."
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase!"
"No."
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!"
"No, god dammit!" Badgerman starts to get very agitated.
"Oh, stuff you, then," says Pringle, who quickly takes aim with his Falcon 2 and, without any hesitation, plucks off Badgerman with a swift bonk on the head with the butt, knocking Badgerman out. Pringle grabs one of his Falcon 2's, just to be on the safe side. He continues searching out the rest of them, and stumbles across Microchips, who does up his zipper after urinating in the corner where he was once hiding. Pringle stands behind him, and gives a quick cough. Microchips jumps, and quickly turns around, aiming his Falcon 2 high. He fires, and the bullet whizzes over the top of Pringles head.
"Whoa, easy there, fella!" Says Pringle. "Wanna join me? I'll help you wipe everyone out."
"Erm. . ." Microchips hesitates, thinking about it. "No."
"Please!"
"No."
"Pleeeeaaaaase!"
"No."
"Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase!"
"All right, all right. I will."
"Great!" says Pringle, who happily runs to the door, ready to fight. "Come on, then, let's go and whoop some butt!"
"Just a minute." Microchips dries his Falcon 2 and loads up a new clip in it.

Pringle leads Microchips to where he'd knocked out Badgerman, and points to the extra Falcon 2 which is laying beside him. Microchips picks it up, gleefully, and then looks at Badgerman, laying on the floor.
"Whoah!" He says in amazement. "Did you do that?"
"Yep!" replies Pringle, with a big grin on his face.
"Whoah!"

They carry on walking around the Grid, searching for victims to mow down, and stumble across JC, who is waiting patiently for an enemy to trip over his proximity-primed Dragon, which is laying on the floor. He finds himself unarmed after leaving his Dragon like that, but still waits.

Pringle and Microchips walk around the corner, with the Dragon just in front of them. Microchips' eyes light up at the sight of it, and he lunges forward.
"Wait!" Says Pringle, grabbing the back of his collar and pulling him back.
"What?" Says Microchips, bewildered. Pringle pulls him back further, and fires a few rounds at the gun. He misses by a few centimetres.
"Damn," he says, and fires again. The gun explodes.
"What did you do that for?" Says Microchips, getting rather annoyed, now. "That gun was beautiful!"
"It was a bloody bomb!" Says Pringle. "If you'd have picked that up, you be dead!"

JC smiles to himself after seeing the explosion, and walks over to where the gun once rested, looking for the bodies of whoever ran into it, right into Microchips' view. JC has a surprised look on his face and runs, without a weapon.
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:52
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Microchips wrote:
> >JC941< wrote:
> MY GOD!! are you einstiens son?
> Nahh, he's German. LOL. Anyways, that's great news Twain, bet you
> can't wait to get them over and done with, eh?

Damn right!
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
>JC941< wrote:
> MY GOD!! are you einstiens son?
Nahh, he's German. LOL. Anyways, that's great news Twain, bet you can't wait to get them over and done with, eh?
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:29
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
>JC941< wrote:
> MY GOD!! are you eienstiens son?

Im not...how about you??

GO CHECK OUT THE NEWEST SSB GAD MATCH NOW UP!
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
My English teacher has negociated with the headof English and thinks that I have a very high chance of scoring a level 8 or EP in my English SATs. I'm in the top English group already, so they can't put me up any further.
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:18
Regular
"hit the road jack"
MY GOD!! are you eienstiens son?
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
BIGMAN wrote:
>
> Did them last year mate ! I got a level 6 for English, 6 for Science
> and 7 for Maths !

Good scores! I was 1 point of getting a level 8 in science, 1 measly point! I got 7 in maths, and 7 in english.
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:14
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Youth hostel?
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Twain wrote:
> I live in a village called Horstead, ten yards away from Coltishall,
> north-ish of Norwich.

I stayed in the Youth hostel in Horstead when i was in Year 5 !!!
I thought Horstead was a lovly place !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.