GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fight for the million"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 18:46
Regular

All of that effortless training is about to take it's toll with nine men after the million pound jackpot for survival.
*hmm, this sounds familiar*

Everyone lines up outside the G5 Grid, with a big shiny door behind them, they close their eyes, and hear these words, "You brought yourself into this, so don't blame me if you're the first to die! It isn't about money, friendship or prizes. You're all about to face the border between life and nonlife, without any Creme Eggs or bogies to munch on, without any Coca Cola or saliva to slurp on, and the one who is left alive at the very end will be the . . err. . .erm. . .damn! I hate it when you forget what you were saying. erm. . . Survivor, yeah, that's right." All the competitors, Microchips, Joe, Liquid S, Pringle, Ashman Bigman, JC, Ice Blaster and Badgerman look up, towards Twain, as he continues, "Now, you will all go in one by one, at three minute intervals, with nothing except yourself. Get a weapon, and a good vantage point. You will then hear a buzzer. Then, and only then, will you be allowed to start. It's all up to you from there. Any questions, guys?"
There is a long silence, and slowly, quietly, and embarrassed being the only one with a question, Microchips raises his hand. Twain sighs.
"This isn't school, y'know. Just ask the question as soon as you get it. Don't bother raising your hand."
"Oh . . .err. . ." Microchips quickly withdraws his hand from the air. "Is there a bog in there?"
"No."
"Damn!" Is there one which I can use before I go in?"
Twain doesn't say a word, but points to a door to his right.
"Thank you," says Microchips.
"Does anybody else have a question?" Says Twain, turning back towards the rest of the bunch. "No?" There is another long silence. The door to Twain's right unlocks, and Microchips pokes his head around the door. "There's no bog roll!" He says.
"Oh. . .just. . .use your sleeve!" Says Ice Blaster, getting agitated from all the waiting.
"Hey, quiet you!" Says Twain. "Just use your sleeve!"
"Okay!" After a few minute, Microchips emerges from the very small room.
"Are you quite finished?" Says Twain.
"Not yet," Microchips replies.
Twain sighs. "What now then?"
Microchips says nothing. He turns towards the door to the toilet and lets one rip. "Ahh, that's better!"
"Okay, Microchips. You'd better go in first before we have any more hold-ups."
Microchips enters and runs towards the nearest weapon, a Falcon 2, and ten runs into a small hidey hole just below the stairs and waits.

One by one, each person enters, with three minutes between each. As the last one enters, the whole Grid remains silent. Three minutes later, the buzzer sounds. . .
Thu 02/05/02 at 20:00
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Thanks. This particular part I enjoyed writing. I thought it was the funniest out of the lot so far!
Thu 02/05/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
That was great Twain! Heh- I am one sneaky bagger! LOL

Nice one. ;)
Thu 02/05/02 at 19:27
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Whoah! You posted a lot yesterday, didn't you, Ninty's? Do you know how many pages I had to sift through to find this? I can't remember now, but it was quite a few! Anyway, here's the next installment. Enjoy!

"What was that?" says Pringle, ducking around the corner.
"What was what?" asks Microchips, confused and nervous.
"I think I heard someone. Let's go check it aht."
"Erm. . .okay" Microchips draws out his gun, with Pringle beside him, and they both, slowly edge forward. JC, who is poking his head around the next corner to see who is there, jumps to see two contestants after him.
"Over there," says Microchips. "I saw his head poking out around the corner."
"Lets get 'im!" Says Pringle.
They fire a few bullets at the wall next to JC, in an effort to scare him into surrendering. JC jumps at the sight of the bullets hitting the wall, and runs away from them. Microchips and Pringle give chase, and run across a large room with pillars at either side, and a glass floor above them.
"Where'd he go?" Says Microchips, puzzled.
Pringle starts to run around in circles frantically, trying to aim at every possible point where he might appear. JC, who is hiding behind one of the pillars, ducks down low, and pokes his head out to see where they are facing. With their backs towards him, JC quickly dives behind the pillar to his right.
"Did you hear that?" asks Microchips.
They both turn around, facing the pillars where JC could be.
Microchips fires a few rounds at one pillar. J looks across the room to the far pillar, watching little chunks of concrete getting blasted out of the far pillar where Microchips is shooting. Microchips lowers his aim, thinking about where he could be. Microchips whispers in Pringle's ear.
"Pretend to leave the room, but actually stay here," he says.
"Okay," Pringle replies, knowing exactly what Microchips has planned. "But before we do, can I just tell you one thing."
"Sure."
"Don't whisper in my ear again. Have you seen Shrek?"
"Yes."
"Well then. You'll recognise this, and make sure you take my advise: 'You definitely need some Tic-tacs or somethin', 'cause your breathe STINKS!' Okay, carry on."
They split up and wander to separate corners of the room, and take aim at two different pillars. JC quickly rolls from behind one pillar to another. Microchips and Pringle shoot frantically, but miss by miles.
"What are you doing shooting right over there?" Says Pringle, to Microchips.
"Me?"
"Yes, you."
"I was more accurate than you."
"No you weren't. I was shooting only one pillar away from him, you was right over here!"
"What the hell you on about?"
"I mean you're crap."
"ME? I'm crap? Look at yourself!"
Pringle lunges for Microchips, and takes him down. As they both wrestle on the floor, JC makes a run for it. Pringle drops his gun on the floor and rolls his sleeves up.
"What's the matter with you? Get off me," says Microchips.
"You're crap!" Comes the reply. Pringle lunges at him again and sends his fist flying straight into Microchips' nose.
"OOOOWWWW!" he says. "Now look what you've done. I've got a bleeding nose."
"Better you than me."
"Hey, you're the one who asked for the bloomin' alliance, so don't go blaming me."
"Yeah, well you didn't have to join me, you could've just stayed wetting yourself in the corner."
"I've just about had it with you," yells Microchips, keeping his guard up.
Pringle, without a gun, flees from Microchips and finds himself in the first room he entered at the start of the competition.

JC finds himself alone once again, safe and sound. He breathes a sigh of relief, pleased that he wasn't a part of the argument. He comes out from behind his pillar and wanders across the room, to a Laptop Gun which is waiting on the floor. He loads it up, and gets ready for action, now that he has a gun. He then waits patiently behind the pillar again.

Meanwhile, Microchips has Pringle pinned to the floor. He whacks Pringle around the head with the butt of his Falcon 2, several times.
"Is that supposed to hurt me?" says Pringle, sarcastically. Microchips ignores him and carries on. Pringle suddenly lunges forward, knocking Microchips onto his back. Microchips quickly draws his weapon and aims at Pringle, who is standing by the door from whence they entered the competition. He fire a round, but misses marginally. He fires again, and misses again.
"You've got a really crap aim, d'you know that?" says Pringle, sniggering.
"WHAT?" yells Microchips.

On the other side of the door, Twain is enjoying a cuppa, while playing a game of chess against an electronic chessboard. A black piece moves automatically into position.
"Checkmate," says the board.
"Damn!" Says Twain. "You cheated, didn't you?"
"I'm a computer. I don't cheat," it says.
"Then I demand a rematch!" Says Twain, agitated. The chessboard resets the pieces. While it is doing this, Twain hears the shouting going on in the arena.
"Blimey! Sounds like Coronation Street in there!"
"Yes," the chessboard agrees. "Your move."
Suddenly, a bullet comes tearing through the door, making Twain jump a mile! HE stands up and opens the door, facing Microchips and Pringle.
"Hey, calm down, fellas. You're only trying to kill each other, y'know."
He closes the door and resumes his game, sipping the cup of tea.

"There's only one way to settle this," says Pringle. "Lets do a duel. Pistols at ten paces."
"Fine," says Microchips.
They both stand back to back, and Pringle starts to count the paces, walking forward one pace every time he counts.
Microchips, on the other hand, quickly slips out of the room, silently.
Pringle turns around and fire after his ten paces.
"Damn. You little. . ."
Frustrated, he goes in search of him, angrily.
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:42
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah, sure. But I must go in half an hour. My dads caterrers will start phoning in then and I'll have to log off.
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:40
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Shall we go talk in the World's Longest Thread?
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
BIGMAN wrote:
> Twain wrote:
> When you went into Coltishall, was there a greengrocer next to a pet
> shop?
>
>
> Can't remember that, all I remember was crossing a bridge and walking
> up to a fairly large house/hall. The absailing tower was in the
> grounds!

Yeah, I know that place over the bridge.

The greengrocer shop was my dads. Top of the Crop. What a crap name. That's where I got my e-mail address from.

[email protected]
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Twain wrote:
> When you went into Coltishall, was there a greengrocer next to a pet
> shop?

Can't remember that, all I remember was crossing a bridge and walking up to a fairly large house/hall. The absailing tower was in the grounds!
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:22
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
BIGMAN wrote:
> Twain wrote:
> hmm. . . near a church. Ah yes, there's the Norfolk Mead Hostel next
> to Coltishall church.
>
> Twain i'm fairly sure it was in Horstead as we walked to Coltishall
> and did absailing. There was a river not to far from the hostel
> because we did canoeing on it!

Well, the river is the Bure, I know that.

Perhaps there is a hostel down by the All Saints church. I hardly ever go down there though, so perhaps it was there.

When you went into Coltishall, was there a greengrocer next to a pet shop?
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:07
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Twain wrote:
> hmm. . . near a church. Ah yes, there's the Norfolk Mead Hostel next
> to Coltishall church.

Twain i'm fairly sure it was in Horstead as we walked to Coltishall and did absailing. There was a river not to far from the hostel because we did canoeing on it!
Sat 27/04/02 at 19:55
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
tphi wrote:
> class story so far Twain, you could win GAD for it!

I'm doubtful. When was the last time a GAD was awarded to a topic in this forum? They only award GADs to topics in Prime and Chat now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.