GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/07 at 23:59
Regular
"cachoo"
Took me a moment to find the "Create new thread" link.. Haven't used it in a while.

So what are you up to New Year's Eve?

Got any plans for 2008? Things you hope to acheive?

How would you rate this year?
Sat 29/12/07 at 19:29
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
im working new years eve so thats that sorted without even trying

as for 2008, nothing much planned, my life is pretty wrapped up as it is, have the house, have the car, have the job, not much else to add
Sat 29/12/07 at 14:47
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> Probably going to head down to London again, that was a great
> laugh last year :)

Keep an eye out for Alfonse
Sat 29/12/07 at 14:46
Regular
"Mooching around"
Probably going to head down to London again, that was a great laugh last year :)
Sat 29/12/07 at 14:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
> What are you up to New Year's Eve?

Nothing really, don't quite fancy going out to be surrounded by drunken idiots wanting to pick a fight. Just a nice peaceful night in me thinks.

> Got any plans for 2008? Things you hope to acheive?

2008 is going to be a big year for me hopefully and will probably shape how my life turns out. Shall start off with a nice jaunt to New York and Toronto at the end of January to go see the family and the ex and a bunch of old friends and then in May i'll be moving back out to China to pick up my teaching again. If all goes well i want to be starting to think about having my own tutoring business there near the end of the year.

> How would you rate this year?

Rubbish, this year was more of a chore that i had to do to make sure next year and the years after it go well. Stuck in a mundane job full of workshy morons and power tripping managers to save up enough money to get a good start in China. So far i'm past my target that i wanted so very happy with it.
Sat 29/12/07 at 12:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
new years eve - no plans as yet either, not really fussed. will probably visit some friends or something.

plans for 2008 - well this is shaping up to be quite a heavy one already!

firstly - become 28 in january. when i was 21 i entered into a relationship with a woman of 28. after a few years it ended and for some reason i used their situation at 28 as a benchmark for myself and where i wanted to be, so the race is close!

moving out on my own early in 2008. moved to holland while in the previoously mentioned relationship so i HAVE lived away already, but had to move back in while i was at uni. The new Rebellion Oxford studio will be completed in jan/feb so i`m told and at that point i`ll be moving up there to be at the office full time.

so my main ambitions i guess are to ensure that i do my absolute best work (so that you can all enjoy it in nice HD when it comes out ;) ) and try and get through the move in one piece/at all. am bricking it about being by myself as i don`t deal too well with my own company. Objectives for the move are to get registered at a doctors asap (just incase i DO need help dealing with myself again) and to find a gym. at the start of 2007 i was in pretty damn good shape and although i still work out and exercise, my regimen has lapsed (sounds painful!) so i want to get back on track and surpass where i was.

so there you have it chaps and chapettes, i FINALLY feel happy with where my professional life is going and will being doing my utmost to continue improving it. so with that on the way to being stable, the main goal for 2008 is to try and rely less on work to define me and concentrate on dealing better with myself and the life i`ve carved/am carving out.

oh, and buy a new car by next friday :S

happy new year.
Sat 29/12/07 at 00:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Coo Coo wrote:
> So what are you up to New Year's Eve?

Not a thing at the moment. Having spent last NYE on the Thames watching the fireworks i'd planned on starting a tradition of spending NYE in a different country each year and was going to Paris. The travel company screwed that up though.

> Got any plans for 2008? Things you hope to acheive?

Just get the hell out of this house and prerably this area. The first shouldnt be a problem.

> How would you rate this year?

It has been a very mixed year. There have been some great moments and some terrible ones that i wish i could forget. Going to my grandads funeral and not feeling like part of the family being the main one.
As for right now, i'm changing. I can sense a spark when i've been so placid for years. I've also gained just a little clarity about what i want.
I feel a little more fearless going into the next year
Sat 29/12/07 at 00:44
"possibly impossible"
Plans for 2008 celebrations - just going to see what everyone's doing here.

Plans for 2008 - Well, first get the house sorted and all the problems solved to end up with a decent place to live. Mind you, would be even better to find a way of getting a house out here instead, or getting a 4 bedroom house back in the UK. Even winning just enough to get a bigger house on the lottery would make me just as happy as winning the whole lot (not that either is likely!)

2007 was a bit of a mixed bag, though. Lots of good memories of the kids doing stuff; youngest walking and talking, eldest having her first day at pre-school and first Nativity play etc. But also more money problems, house problems and family issues to sort out, plus a good friend of our family dying of cancer that got diagnosed just after Christmas last year. We still miss her, the kids loved her like a grandmother.

It's all the usual stuff that comes from life, though. Ups and downs all the time. Guess it wouldn't be as interesting otherwise, even if it would make things easier...
Fri 28/12/07 at 23:59
Regular
"cachoo"
Took me a moment to find the "Create new thread" link.. Haven't used it in a while.

So what are you up to New Year's Eve?

Got any plans for 2008? Things you hope to acheive?

How would you rate this year?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.