GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/07 at 23:59
Regular
"cachoo"
Took me a moment to find the "Create new thread" link.. Haven't used it in a while.

So what are you up to New Year's Eve?

Got any plans for 2008? Things you hope to acheive?

How would you rate this year?
Thu 10/01/08 at 00:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
and well done for going for a job where you get to shoot people!

double awesome.
Wed 09/01/08 at 20:57
Regular
Wow, you must be at a high level of physical fitness.

Well done for breaking away from the convention of this forum =P
Wed 09/01/08 at 00:52
Regular
Hey ya'll! Happy New Year! :)

Well, seems like this year going to be all about shedding an old life and creating one entirely new. I ship out for training on the 22nd. Bit worried about going through the gas chamber.. and then there's what everyone refers to as the "victory tower" I have to conquer.. Indeed, lots to look forward to! I hope everyone has a blessed year!

xx
Tue 08/01/08 at 20:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
settingsons wrote:
>I just hope that 2008 is better than 2007.
>It really wasn't just me who thought 2007 was lousy...
>nearly everyone I know is glad to see the back of it.

Why lousy? A year's a year..and how many people do you know?
Mon 07/01/08 at 23:30
Regular
"eat toast!"
I knew that 2008 was going to be a life changing not to mention important year as i'll probably find a job.

But now i feel immensely uneasy/nervous/anxiety/uncomfortable about choosing the right job and that really is going to be a concern for me.

I've got a lot on my mind. Got a theory test coming up and i stupidly neglected to get all the exact details. I know its next tuesday around 11ish but apart from that i have no idea. Worrying that ihaven't studied hard enough or something.
Mon 07/01/08 at 20:12
Regular
"Mooching around"
Nin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Chaos wrote:
> Probably going to head down to London again, that was a great
> laugh last year :)
>
> Keep an eye out for Alfonse
>
> I'll be there too unless something else comes up, which is
> unlikely.

Ah what a way to bring in the new year, half passed out with booze, American girls along side and a box of cookies which is keeping everyone else jealous =D
Mon 07/01/08 at 16:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i`m already sick of 2008.
we`re 7 days in and insurance/car rental/new car has caused me to haemorrage money all over the place and been an unneccessary amount of stress.

had to hire a car to get to work, to mega care of it, took it back and they`ve found some microscopic mark on it and used it as an excuse to keep my deposit, so another £200 gone. if i had any idea how it`d happened i wouldn`t mind as much, but it`s been in my drive when not being driven and i never even used the door in question. i`m not convinced i`ve not been had on this one.

them i got an extremely aggressive letter from another insurance company telling me that it`s MY fault that their client crashed into me. my insurance company are putting it through as a non fault claim as i took evasive action which harmed no-one and the only reason they`re involved/my car is written off is because the other dude hit me - not my fault. although the wording on said letter lets itself down at this point: "the reason we are alleging fault is that you failed to apply his brakes in time or at all"
er.... i failed to apply HIS brakes? well it looks like i`m going to have to go ahead and confess all on this one! shocking as it may seem, it seems i have indeed been remiss and at no point did i sieze control of the other car and try to avoid myself. that`s a BAD VM!

SO! on top of all this i needed to buy a new car. apparently "0% finance over 2 years" is a deal that only applies between 1pm and 1.02pm on the 8th tuesday after equinox and only if you`ve approached from the east under cover of dark. they fail to mention this until you`ve signed to agree to buy the car of course. this sounds worse than it was i think, but it still means i`ve got another debt hanging over me for a lot longer than i`d hoped now - hopefully i can save the difference and pay it early, reducing my interest rate and giving me a little bit back.

buying this car and putting it on my insurance cost an extra £30 - even though it runs out next month anyway. cancelling the policy costs £30 for "admin fees" and the renewal quote was a laughable £450. while i`ve found a new policy for half that amount, i can`t buy it yet as until the insurance people sort out what`s happening with my no claims discount, i can`t provide accurate details, which would null my purchase. if they DO take my no claims off then quotes from everywhere go back up to around £500.

and this is just the overall insignificant everyday stuff that`s going on in my world!, elsewhere we`ve already had 3 fatal stabbings and an epidemic of chunder-bug!

1 down, 51 to go.

.. that was a load of words. gis` a gad to cheer me up :D
Mon 07/01/08 at 09:45
Regular
I just hope that 2008 is better than 2007.It really wasn't just me who thought 2007 was lousy...nearly everyone I know is glad to see the back of it.
Thu 03/01/08 at 09:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
there are only 2 things on my mind for this year:

Learning to draw and improve on my skills from last year.

Finding a decent IT job.
Wed 02/01/08 at 17:31
Regular
"Lucky Me"
Yup going to teach a whole load of beginners archery. But thats what I don't get paid for!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.