GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Daily Gaming Chat* - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/02/18 at 17:56
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard:
...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

This is an update to my previous gaming thread

I'm only here for the Broadband, Email, Domains, Web Hosting and Internet stuff ;¬)

Hmmm...

Edited to remove the 'small' tag which seems to be broken/changed after the last forum changes ;¬)

Post edited by Hmmm... on 12/04/2018 at 18:32.
Wed 07/02/18 at 13:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
Hitler's a laugh though ain't he?

:¬D Quite disturbing, but a brilliant depiction.
Tue 06/02/18 at 14:16
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Thanks for the reply chas :¬)

I was pondering the 'problem' again today at work and your comments have helped to confirm my thoughts ... that it isn't a necessity and that any of them will do. If it had been the case, then I thought that that would have been far too prescriptive and narrow for such an open environment. I will give it another go this evening.

Enjoying playing the Freedom Chronicles at the moment.

Thanks again chas.

Would have been a deal breaker for me. Anything that determines your path in a free environment is, as far as I'm concerned. The beauty of Wolfenstein is that you do it your way; loud and violent, quiet and sneaky, with or without all the tech.

Hitler's a laugh though ain't he?
Mon 05/02/18 at 15:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for the reply chas :¬)

I was pondering the 'problem' again today at work and your comments have helped to confirm my thoughts ... that it isn't a necessity and that any of them will do. If it had been the case, then I thought that that would have been far too prescriptive and narrow for such an open environment. I will give it another go this evening.

Enjoying playing the Freedom Chronicles at the moment.

Thanks again chas.
Mon 05/02/18 at 14:02
"possibly impossible"
What's everyone's view of Walking Simulators?

Personally, I love them. It's more an artform than a 'game' in the traditional sense, but most tell great stories and you feel far more part of that story wandering through the world than just a passive watcher.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Firewatch both left a lasting impression on me.
Mon 05/02/18 at 13:21
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
You don't need the constrictor harness to do the Venus mission. You can do the mission with any one of the three options, and in fact the constrictor harness is the only one I HAVEN'T used (I've been through it twice now).

Everywhere there's an option to use the constrictor to access a small opening there will also be an option to use your "robo legs" or your bull charge. All three options are open to you. If you can't see it, then you're looking in the wrong place.

You might also want to look for options that allow for burning out metal panels or blowing up doors with your heavy weapons (depending on which timeline you took), or just simply prising off an air duct plate, as in fact you don't strictly need ANY of the options to complete the levels (those just provide you with shortcuts).
Sun 04/02/18 at 22:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

dav2612 wrote:
I believe you will have to do the uber commander (or whatever they are called) missions and have a nosey for it. Bit much repetition in those missions if going to complete them all.

Thanks dav, but it's how do I get back to or even into the Evas Hammar to start the 'side mission', that I was wondering ... ????
Sun 04/02/18 at 20:53
Regular
"And in last place.."

DL wrote:
@chas and dav re: Venus level Wolfenstein II etc etc

I can't complete it even though I know the route ... because I don't have the constrictor harness!!!
So how do I go about getting the constrictor harness in this situation?
Return to the Evas Hammar and do a side mission to the Manhatten Nuclear Bunker ... yep ...

but how?

Now in its correct place ... let's just hope it is seen by others!

I believe you will have to do the uber commander (or whatever they are called) missions and have a nosey for it. Bit much repetition in those missions if going to complete them all.
Sun 04/02/18 at 18:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@chas and dav re: Venus level Wolfenstein II etc etc

I can't complete it even though I know the route ... because I don't have the constrictor harness!!!
So how do I go about getting the constrictor harness in this situation?
Return to the Evas Hammar and do a side mission to the Manhatten Nuclear Bunker ... yep ...

but how?

Now in its correct place ... let's just hope it is seen by others!
Sun 04/02/18 at 18:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one Hmmm :¬) Just what we needed ... thank you.

I knew the 'revised forum' would cause 'issues'

Sun 04/02/18 at 17:56
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard:
...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

This is an update to my previous gaming thread

I'm only here for the Broadband, Email, Domains, Web Hosting and Internet stuff ;¬)

Hmmm...

Edited to remove the 'small' tag which seems to be broken/changed after the last forum changes ;¬)

Post edited by Hmmm... on 12/04/2018 at 18:32.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.