GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last chance to Win Any Game - competition ending September 2017"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/08/17 at 18:36
Staff Moderator
After 17 memorable years of giveaways, Freeola's Win Any Game competition is coming to an end. With over £225,000 worth of prizes awarded, I think we can all agree that it's had a pretty incredible run and we hope you've all enjoyed it.

For more on the history of the competition, some light reminiscences and the full announcement of the change, please see our post on the Freeola Blog:

http://freeola.com/blog/post/last-chance-to-win-any-game.html

As explained in that post, there will be another four chances to win in September, so get writing and hopefully you can win one of the last sets of prizes. Who will cement their place in history by becoming the last name on the Winners List? Over to you all...

Thanks again to everyone who took part. And we'll let you know on here when any new competitions come up that might be of interest.

Finally, if any of you regulars have any particular memories of the competition, its controversies or notable winning-entries since the year 2000, feel free to share them on this thread, as we pour out a metaphorical 40oz to the memory of a beloved competition.

Post edited by booom on 30/08/2017 at 18:58.
Thu 16/11/17 at 11:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
First game I won was a copy of World at War, although don't ask me what I reviewed, I haven't the foggiest. Spent the days following it expecting to be sent an empty box or be spammed to misery because it seemed too good to be true. But alas, it arrived! I do not miss the days of trawling through the review forum and marking reviews for removal though.
Mon 02/10/17 at 12:07
"possibly impossible"
Are the blog and guide winners going to be added to the winners list or are they a separate thing?
Wed 06/09/17 at 13:10
"possibly impossible"

Warhunt wrote:
I've added one more winner for the last week where we were using the old format (game reviews/cheats counting etc). Bit of confusion of timings on my part, after Boooms post, where we have now settled on the 14th being the last date to use the old format (I assumed it was the next prize after his announcement).

Any prize after the 14th August onwards will be using the new format (blog and guides) until the end of the competition (End of September)

Thank you Warhunt, for updating and for the win! Still trying to come up with something decent for the blog stuff.
Mon 04/09/17 at 15:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"

pb wrote:
Are you going to update the winners for august before the September blog competition or leave it blank? Not sure whether any of the early august game review entries were up for a prize since the last winner was for 8th August?

I've added one more winner for the last week where we were using the old format (game reviews/cheats counting etc). Bit of confusion of timings on my part, after Boooms post, where we have now settled on the 14th being the last date to use the old format (I assumed it was the next prize after his announcement).

Any prize after the 14th August onwards will be using the new format (blog and guides) until the end of the competition (End of September)
Sat 02/09/17 at 09:13
"possibly impossible"
Are you going to update the winners for august before the September blog competition or leave it blank? Not sure whether any of the early august game review entries were up for a prize since the last winner was for 8th August?
Thu 31/08/17 at 10:48
Staff Moderator
Already on it :)
Thu 31/08/17 at 10:45
"Are you sure?"

booom wrote:
Yes, Hmmm..., the competition is closing at the end of September. Pages are being updated in the coming days to reflect the announcement. After the end of September there will be no more awards for content as part of a regular competition. We may still run occasional one-off competitions, but they will be announced as-and-when they happen.

Post edited by booom on 31/08/2017 at 10:42.

Oh, Ok. Thanks for clearing that up - that's a shame.

Perhaps it's worth posting in the other recent thread announcing the new format?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 31/08/17 at 10:42
Staff Moderator
Yes, Hmmm..., the competition is closing at the end of September. Pages are being updated in the coming days to reflect the announcement. After the end of September there will be no more awards for content as part of a regular competition. We may still run occasional one-off competitions, but they will be announced as-and-when they happen.

Post edited by booom on 31/08/2017 at 10:42.
Thu 31/08/17 at 10:34
"Are you sure?"

booom wrote:
After 17 memorable years of giveaways, Freeola's Win Any Game competition is coming to an end. With over £225,000 worth of prizes awarded, I think we can all agree that it's had a pretty incredible run and we hope you've all enjoyed it....

Can you clarify things please?

I thought you had recently changed the focus to blog and guide articles?
Following your links I'm not clear if this is also closing.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Thu 31/08/17 at 09:17
Regular
"And in last place.."
Memories: It was pb that introduced me to the prizes for reviews but it took me a while to sign up since I'm not really a fan of writing reviews. I still feel that way today even after 58 wins - the prizes make it all worth while though.

And Nintendo should thank you as three times I've ordered games for Nintendo consoles I didn't own at the time. I was always planning on getting a Wii and a Switch but that process was hurried along by prizes.

Controversies: any time I don't win it is nothing short of a scandal. In fact, I'm pretty sure I submitted a review once (Tomb Raider reboot I think) and that week was deemed to have no suitable entries. That is still something I regularly talk to my therapist about. He rolls his eyes for some reason. Sorry, need to stop typing as my eyes are welling up.

Post edited by dav2612 on 31/08/2017 at 13:25.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.