GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Changes coming to the Win Free Games competition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/08/17 at 15:57
Staff Moderator
Hello all!

To give you some advance warning, the rules of the Win Free Games competition are going to be changing within the next week or two.

Prizes will be soon offered for the best contributions of the week to either the Freeola Blog or the Freeola Guides. We're looking for pieces about the internet, web design, general IT and technical issues. Chat forum posts, game reviews, cheats, tips and walkthrough submissions will no longer be eligible for prizes.

For example, you could write a short piece on anything to do with the internet, technology or web design and submit it to our Blog. It can be fun or serious; informative or opinionated.

As currently, the prize for the week's best qualifying submission will be any game of your choice (up to the value of £50), or a £30 Amazon voucher.

To take part, you will need to sign-up for a free MyFreeola account and ensure that your MyFreeola contact details (name and postal address) are up-to-date.

More details will be published shortly but, if you'd been planning any bits of gaming-related content for the sites, I'd recommend posting them pretty soon :)

Good luck!

Post edited by booom on 04/08/2017 at 17:56.
Thu 31/08/17 at 10:45
Staff Moderator
Update here and here - the competition is now due to close at the end of September. Get in your entries as it's your last chance to win!
Tue 08/08/17 at 15:12
Staff Moderator
Excellent, thanks all for the replies!

I'm glad that you understand the reasons for the changes (we don't like to mess with things for the sake of it nowadays!) and I hope that the Blog becomes an interesting outlet for any members of the forums who do enjoy a bit of writing from time-to-time.
Fri 04/08/17 at 23:23
"possibly impossible"
Driving traffic to the site through helpful articles certainly makes sense.
Fri 04/08/17 at 23:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I do agree that it was more 'game focused' and perhaps this change is for the better, but I've never looked at Freeola Blog TBH! As for internet. web design etc etc ... this is a 'young man's' game now and I'll just watch from the sidelines ... good luck to those that win within the new regime and commiserations to all those that did so well with their game reviews ...
Fri 04/08/17 at 18:27
Regular
"And in last place.."
Agree with Hmmm in that it makes sense.

I did very well with prizes so no grumbling from me.
Fri 04/08/17 at 18:00
"Are you sure?"
Interesting!

It makes sense to me as I'm a long term Freeola customer for Broadband, Domains and Hosting.

As these are the core services Freeola offer, the 'games' side no longer seemed a natural fit to me.

Hopefully the gamers will understand this move but I can see this will upset some of them...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 04/08/17 at 15:57
Staff Moderator
Hello all!

To give you some advance warning, the rules of the Win Free Games competition are going to be changing within the next week or two.

Prizes will be soon offered for the best contributions of the week to either the Freeola Blog or the Freeola Guides. We're looking for pieces about the internet, web design, general IT and technical issues. Chat forum posts, game reviews, cheats, tips and walkthrough submissions will no longer be eligible for prizes.

For example, you could write a short piece on anything to do with the internet, technology or web design and submit it to our Blog. It can be fun or serious; informative or opinionated.

As currently, the prize for the week's best qualifying submission will be any game of your choice (up to the value of £50), or a £30 Amazon voucher.

To take part, you will need to sign-up for a free MyFreeola account and ensure that your MyFreeola contact details (name and postal address) are up-to-date.

More details will be published shortly but, if you'd been planning any bits of gaming-related content for the sites, I'd recommend posting them pretty soon :)

Good luck!

Post edited by booom on 04/08/2017 at 17:56.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.